Oh, and p.s., this just happen to be in the middle of one of the biggest snow and ice storms that Atlanta had ever seen.
We obviously couldn't leave our jobs behind us with only a 10 day warning, so we stayed in Atlanta and lived out of an extended stay for about a week. Hunter only had to give a 14 day notice, so he headed back first, and I spent the last two weeks with friends.
Before we knew it, February had arrived, with even more changes. We moved into our new home, and Hunter started a new job, and I returned to my old job that I so dearly loved.
March rolled in, and we suddenly found ourselves with a busy social schedule again, and enjoyed every moment of being reunited with friends and family. We celebrated our dear friends Melissa and Rhyan with an engagement party while he was home on a short break during his deployment,
witnessed the vows of one of my dear pledge sisters,
and celebrated the upcoming arrival of baby Harrison.
In April, we headed to Kentucky a couple of times to play with my family. I (as always) took the opportunity to take lots of pictures of my "babies,"
enjoyed the spring weather with two of our favorite things- Alabama football, and Sage,
and welcomed home my brother from a year long deployment to Afghanistan.
We also welcomed the arrival of Baby Harrison just a few weeks early,
and then mourned the tragedy of April 27 for the state of Alabama.
May brought more sadness as we watched a friend mourn the loss of her husband at a young age. Later that month we enjoyed a local golf tournament,
The following weekend, we headed to Huntsville again for an engagement party of one of my best friends and her fiance at the time, Brittanie and Kris.
We ended June with the wedding of my cousin, Andrea, in Kentucky.
And this was also the month that we found out some very exciting and slight life-changing news- that we were expecting a little miracle!
July rolled around, and we shared the exciting news with our families!
While I was home in Kentucky, I took some pictures of the children of family friends,
and also started documenting the growth of my "huge" tummy that I was just convinced everyone could tell that there was a baby growing in there, at 6, 7, and 8 weeks.
The month concluded with watching a dear friend of mine make the ultimate commitment to Christ in front of her church and her closest friends.
In August, we headed to the beach to celebrate our second anniversary, and had a wonderful week of some of our favorite things- each other, relaxing, the beach, and great food.
Once I finally hit that 12 week mark, Sage announced the big news to the world.Also that month, my brother proposed to his wonderful girlfriend, Avigail.
September was a whirlwind of travel, and brought our favorite time of the year- Alabama football- and the promise of another incredible season.
We made another trip to the beach for yet another gorgeous wedding, and that belly bump started to make it's appearance- for real this time.
We saw my brother and his family off as they got stationed on the other side of the country, and I went with my mom and she took the children to their new home.
From there, we headed home by way of Las Vegas to see Charlie and Avigail and their beautiful new home.
And some of the most exciting news was surprising Hunter for his 30th birthday that we were having a BABY BOY!
In October, we had our 20 week visit and full anatomy scan ultrasound, where we found out that not only are we for sure having a baby boy, but a healthy one at that.
November arrived with more wedding events, including a shower for Brittanie,
and Melissa's wedding.
Thanksgiving came, and we spent a relaxing weekend at home with family, and used some of our down time as an opportunity to start working on things for the nursery.
December finally arrived and included even more showers and weddings, as well as several family Christmas celebrations. I had my first baby shower in Kentucky,
watched that belly of mine grow even more,
celebrated a fun weekend with Brittanie and Kris,
wished Caroline a Happy 2nd Birthday,
and celebrated the true meaning of CHRISTmas with our families.
What a wonderful year of a thousand blessings we have had, and I can only imagine the joy that 2012 is going to bring us with the addition of a sweet baby boy. We have so much to be thankful for, and so much of it, I would have never even dreamed possible if you would have told me a year ago. To God be the Glory!














What fun filled year 2011 was for you guys! I know you are just as excited as me to see 2012 arrive which means we are one step closer to meeting our sweet boys! I hope 2012 is the best for you guys! ; )
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing post! Can I hare you to chronicle my life so meticulously and beautifully?? Lots of love from us :-)
ReplyDeleteLove this! What a great year, and even more blessings to come!
ReplyDelete