Jan 4, 2012

Our Baby Shower

So I am WAY behind on this post, but December got away from me before I knew it, and the blog was somewhat neglected other than the weekly belly updates.

Earlier in December, my sweet cousin and aunt hosted a wonderful shower for Baby Will in Kentucky. It was held at the new church, and was just perfect.

I think I actually mentioned this in my belly post that week, but it was a brunch and there was so much yummy food! But despite all of the homemade goodies, of course all I could focus on was the gigantic bowl of fruit salad.


Marissa made me this super cute diaper cake, and although I know I will eventually need the diapers and receiving blankets, I don't want to take it apart because it is so cute!


And then she had these cute little buckets sitting around with "lollipops" made out of wash clothes. Again, something I will definitely use, but I hate to take them apart because I know she spent so much time on them!

 She also had the sweetest "wish tree," and everyone wrote their wishes for Baby Will. This was so touching, and I know he will love to read the sweet things that people wrote for him once he is older.


On to present time, Baby Will got so many wonderful gifts! Lots of very useful and much needed items, and several sentimental items as well.


You can't tell what I am looking at in the picture, but this was Hunter's little silver brush and comb from when he was a baby, and you could still see his little blond hairs in the bristles!
Several weeks before the shower, once we finally decided on a name, Hunter's mother also passed onto me his silver baby cup. So sweet, and so special!

This book was given to Will by his "Mamaw," and it was actually my favorite book of all time growing up. Mom read it to me so much that she had it memorized. And I can very vividly remember exactly where we would sit and how I would lean up against her while she read it to me. Of course this started some waterworks when I realized what it was.
We also got his baby book at this shower, and it is absolutely perfect. I can't wait to be able to fill out all of his fun milestones as he grows!

It was so special to me to have both of Will's grandmothers there for his shower. His Mamaw and Nonnie are so excited to meet him, and love him so much already!
And I know that Ree Ree and Sissy worked so hard to put together our wonderful shower. Baby Will and his momma thank them!
And of course I had to get a picture with Tucker. He is growing up so fast, and he was so good during the entire shower, but was not interested in being still long enough to get a picture! I guess this is what I have to look forward to? :)

Baby Will is so blessed, and is so loved already. Thank you again to all of those who came to our shower and sent gifts. He is a blessed little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment