How far along: 33 weeks
Size of Baby: About 5 lbs and 17 inches long. One source compared him to a pineapple, and one compared him to a honeydew...both sound large. And yummy, might I add.
What baby is up to: Still packing on the pounds, and gaining about a half pound per week. The bones in his skull are formed, but won't fuse until early adulthood.
Maternity Clothes: Trying to make the ones I have last for another 7 weeks. I feel like I'm wearing a lot of the same things over and over again, but I'm not about to go buy more clothes to wear for the next 7 weeks!
Gender: He's a BOY!
Movement: Still lots of movement! It feels like he's trying to stretch out more lately, but I still get those swift kicks in the side every once in a while.
Sleep: Still great! Very thankful! Although it's getting more and more difficult to turn from side to side because of the largeness and the heaviness of my belly. I'm sure that only gets better from here on out. :)
What I miss: Warmer weather! Strange coming from a pregnant woman, I know, but I'm NOT a fan of freezing cold weather. I like it for the week of Christmas, but then by New Year's, I'm completely over it and want spring weather, like immediately.
Cravings: I'm still loving the juice mixed with gingerale. So for New Year's, we found some alcohol free champagne, and I took my pregnancy-mixed-drink-of-choice up a notch, and made a fake-out mimosa (or 2, or 3) for New Year's. It was so yummy!
Symptoms: Again, getting increasingly difficult to get off the couch and out of the bed. I kind of roll out of bed now and pray that my feet hit the floor before the rest of my body. Somewhat similar to a beached whale, if I could imagine what they feel like.
Best moment this week: We got a great report at the doctor today! Little Boy's heart sounded perfect, although it was hard to find it at first because he was moving around so much, which didn't surprise me in the least big.
In nesting news, although I've had a few moments of "nesting" throughout my pregnancy, this past weekend was a completely different level of nesting. There is an old wives tale that you aren't supposed to vacuum or do laundry on New Year's Day, but that doesn't matter to the 8 month pregnant woman. Our productivity level was at an all time high this weekend, and included the following:
- Took down all of our Christmas decorations, stored them for next year,
- Rearranged the living room,
- Cleaned it from top to bottom,
- Finished painting the nursery (BIG thank you to my hubby!),
- Vacuumed the nursery,
- Moved the chest into the nursery,
- Put together the twin bed for the nursery,
- Arranged the nursery
- Washed all of his newborn, 0-3, and 3-6 month clothes, as well as blankets,
- Folded and organized his clothes in his chest of drawers,
- Started packing my bag for the hospital,
- And then big momma crashed and had a wonderful night's sleep.










i spy at least 2 of the same gowns we have for Mac! You look great, Sarah! We're in the home stretch...can't wait to see these Belly Updates turn into Baby Updates.
ReplyDeleteIt's so close now. I cannot wait to see that little fella pics on here!!!! What's so hard to wrap my mind around is that the precious little girl I met so many years ago is now grown and about to give birth to the greatest gift in the world!!!!! I am just so excited for you, honey! Much love.
ReplyDelete