How far along: 38 weeks...and I officially feel like a whale.
Size of Baby: He's at his birth weight, somewhere between 6 and 8 pounds. It's hard to guess how big he will be because Hunter was born so early, weighing only 2# and 9 oz and 15 inches long. I was 8# and 1 oz. So if I had to make a guess right now as to how big Baby Will is going to be, I would guess somewhere close to 8#, maybe a little more or a little less, but I think he'll be right at 8.
What baby is up to: All of his internal organs are ready to support him in the outside world. He has also developed healthy amounts of baby fat over the past week and his immune system is developing and will continue to develop after he is born. His fingernails and toenails have reached the end of his fingers and toes and might even need a trim after he is born!
Maternity Clothes: Of course.
Gender: He's a BOY!
Movement: Still lots of hiccups this week, and still a good bit of movement but little man is definitely running out of room.
Sleep: Still can't complain! There have been a couple of nights here and there that I wake up and can't go back to sleep, but it really hasn't been that bad.
What I miss: Being able to get up and down from a chair, bed, couch, etc with little effort! I also miss just getting around "normally." One night this week I went to Walmart after work to stock up on some things before the baby comes, and by the time I got home at 7, I was absolutely exhausted.
Cravings: Nothing this week!
Symptoms: We have a new one apparently...elevated blood pressure? Not good. Yesterday at work we had biometric screenings, and it was 135/90. I told the nurse about it this morning at my appointment, and when she took it, it was 146/90. Yikes! I even got threatened with a possible trip to L&D! But he did my exam, and had me lie still for 15-20 minutes, rechecked it, and it had dropped back to normal- 124/77. Thank goodness! I've also made the slightest bit of progress, which I was very excited about. I'm only dilated 1.5 cm and 25% effaced, but I was excited to see that there has been some definite change since the last two weeks! Although I do realize that some people stay like this for weeks before they have the baby, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up about him coming before his due date.
Best moment this week: Nothing can ever top hearing that sweet heartbeat, and I love that I'm getting to hear it weekly now!
And as if Baby Will hasn't been spoiled enough already, he got a package in the mail this week from his Aunt B, with a super special swaddling blanket she picked up for him in France! It apparently is the latest craze among celebrity mommies, and he now has one of them. What a lucky baby! Thanks Britt!
In nesting news, I actually got one of my big projects crossed off the list last night- organizing and cleaning out the pantry! Next on the list is the fridge and kitchen cabinets.
I also got around to taking his cute little diaper cakes apart and sorting his diapers. Seeing his little changing table stocked with all of his little diapers and wipes makes things really real!
Lately I've found myself taking something into the nursery to put away, and I just stay in there, for no apparent reason. It's surreal to me that we will soon have a real baby to put in the crib, to wear all of those sweet little clothes, and to give away all of our kisses and love to. I find myself looking through the clothes hanging in his closet almost daily, just daydreaming about what he'll look like, what his personality will be like, and how I know I know we are going to want time to stand still once he finally gets here.
So just as a little "preview" of what is going on in the nursery, here are a couple of pictures. More to come as we finalize the last details!
Hopefully we have two weeks or less left, but Baby Will is more than welcome to come into this world at any time now!









Sarah, you will make an absolutely wonderful mom! Praying for your continued health through the remainder of this pregnancy!
ReplyDeletePhyllis Willis
Sarah, you will make an absolutely wonderful mother. Praying for your blood pressue to remain normal, and your continued health throughout the remainder of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteWow...beautiful Sarah ...<3
ReplyDeleteLove the nursery pics and the fact that we're in REAL countdown mode now!! I did the same things in Anna Lee and Mac's nursery - we all would just hang out in there and talk about how different things were going to be and how excited we were...its such a special time. I can't wait to see more pics of the nursery and of WILL!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm dying to see more. The fabric is beautiful! Can hardly wait to meet sweet Will! Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like everything is coming together and it looks so pretty! I can't wait to see pics of Baby Will! Please keep me posted and know that we are praying for all three of you! Love you!
ReplyDelete