Feb 28, 2012

A Belly Button and A Bath

We have a real belly button! Yesterday morning, I changed little boy's diaper after a feeding, and low and behold, there was the cutest, most adorable belly button I've ever seen in my life staring back at me.

I immediately sent out mass photo messages to the family and tried to convince myself that if he's waited this long to have a "real bath," then it's ok for him to wait a few more hours for daddy to come to help with the first ever for real bath time. I had a really strong desire to go ahead and give him a bath immediately, but I was able to contain myself and wait.

We had no idea how he would react, but if it was anything like he reacted to the first sponge bath we gave him in the NICU, we knew it probably wasn't going to be pretty. But much to our surprise, he did great...

until it was time to take him out. He did NOT like that cold air!

To be a little sappy, one of my favorite things since we've had Will is watching those tender moments between him and Hunter. I knew Hunter would be a wonderful daddy, but I had no idea how quickly this little boy would have his daddy's heart in his little hands.

One of Hunter's "jobs" that he has taken over is the bedtime swaddle and cuddle time. All is right in Will's world after he has this special time every night!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! What a sweet post! Hooray for a beautiful belly button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im obsessed with his perfect bald head!

    ReplyDelete