Jan 12, 2012

Pregnancy Update- 34 weeks


How far along: 34 weeks...as in 6 MORE WEEKS! Aaaahh!

Size of Baby: About 17.5 inches long, and a little over 5 pounds! Although the rate of weight gain and growth for babies at this stage is in the game is variable, so this is just an average estimate.

What baby is up to: Still packing on the pounds, gaining about a 1/2 pound per week!

Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!

Gender: He's a BOY!

Movement: Still lots of movement and hiccups several times a week!

Sleep: No complaints. Until it's time to get out of the bed. And that's a different story entirely.

What I miss: My energy. I can definitely tell that I've drastically slowed down over the past week. I'm usually on the go constantly, but I've definitely been sitting more lately, and I've noticed that it just takes me much longer to get places (especially walking around at work) than it used to.

Cravings: Nothing this week! Although I was super excited about my Taziki's lunch and fruit salad on Monday.

Symptoms: Achyness. I have been feeling like such a baby this week, because I feel like I've basically had the easiest pregnancy in the world- until this week. Things are just starting to feel different...and I'm just achy, for lack of a better term.

Best moment this week: Lots of great things happened this week! First of all, in case you missed it, Alabama won their 14th National Championship! We weren't able to go this year, but we went 2 years ago, so I'm glad we at least have those memories. This year it was MUCH more low key (and much more relaxing!)- enjoying a family dinner with the inlaws, and watching the game with them.



Second, my work shower thrown by my sweet coworkers.


And finally, one of my college roomies and her husband welcomed their healthy little girl into the world this week.

I've (clearly) had baby fever for a while, but when I went to see them this week and held that sweet baby in my arms, I just had this flood of emotions come over me. I guess I realized that I am completely emotionally ready to meet our sweet little boy, and that time couldn't get here soon enough. And it was like he could sense that his momma was showing another baby attention, because I swear the entire 30 minutes that I held her, Will was kicking and squirming the entire time!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you and baby Will are doing well! I know you are counting down the days! It will be here before you know it! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so close! Wow, how time has flown!

    ReplyDelete