Sep 26, 2011

Weekend at the Beach

Friday afternoon after work, we packed up the car and headed south to the beach. One of Hunter's close friends from high school was getting married at Alys Beach, and we couldn't wait to share a fun weekend with such a special couple.

If you've never been to the beach in the fall, let me tell you, you are missing out! I have officially discovered MY favorite time of the year to enjoy the beach, and I don't think I'll ever look back. Now don't get me wrong- any time of the year is a wonderful time to be at the beach, but the fall definitely tops it all in my book. It wasn't overly crowded, it wasn't too hot, and most importantly, the water was absolutely gorgeous. I told Hunter that I felt like we were back in the Caribbean, because the water was so calm and so clear!


Saturday, we got some much needed beauty baby rest and spent the morning enjoying the beautiful beach.


That afternoon we headed over to watch the Alabama game with our sweet friends, Haley and Drew. Drew actually saved the day that afternoon, because when it was time for us to get dressed for the wedding my dear husband realized that his dress pants were in Birmingham. His choices were khaki shorts, swim shorts, or blue jeans- none of which would have been appropriate with his coat and tie! Thank the Lord Drew was sweet enough to let Hunter borrow some pants. That would have been awful to drive all the way to the beach for a wedding, and then not be able to go because you didn't have proper attire! Silly boy. I guess someone is a little spoiled and forgot what it was like to pack his own clothes. :)

The wedding was just down the road at Alys Beach, which was insanely gorgeous. The couple couldn't have asked for better weather, and the setting was just unbelievable.
However, no matter where the wedding is held, if you are brave enough to schedule a fall wedding in the South, rest assured you will see more than one person doing this during the wedding:
No, he's not checking his missed calls, he was receiving score updates from his son who was at the Alabama football game. And, let me just tell you, he was absolutely not the only one keeping up with scoreboards- we actually saw a few older ladies pull out their iPhones as well. And we may or may not have checked the ESPN app on my phone a couple of times while they were still seating guests. Sorry Miller and Lyssa!


After the wedding we headed to the reception that was just as beautiful, and so much fun!

 We had such a fun, relaxing weekend, and we didn't want to come home. We had probably one of the most fun weekends we've had in a long time!

1 comment:

  1. 1. So jealous that you live so close to a beach!
    2. You don't look a teeny tiny bit pregnant in the picture in the blue dress, although I so wish you posted bikini pics w/your tummy!
    3. I love the packing thing - I made charlie a packing list when we went to Hawaii and of course he didn't follow it, and had no sweater to take to the volcano to the volcano on the big island!
    4. Yay for fall weddings :-)

    ReplyDelete