Sep 15, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Week 17

Size of baby: Baby Ray is the size of a...turnip. That doesn't sound very cute. So for those of you that aren't familiar with a turnip, allow me to introduce you:

What baby is up to: Baby is in the middle of a big growth spurt, and has added another inch in crown-to-rump length, and is packing on the pounds with some fat. Baby Ray's skeleton is also changing from soft cartilage to bone.

Maternity Clothes: Really excited to have my new jeans and leggings- they've definitely added some versatility to my wardrobe for the fall! My mom and I went shopping over the weekend, and she got me some new tops that I'm excited about too.

Gender: Still no clue! Three more weeks and counting until my 20 week appointment. I've heard some conflicting predictions. Until yesterday, I felt like most people (except for Hunter) were telling me "boy," but in the past couple of days I've heard a lot of "girl" predictions for me. If I had to guess right now at this very instant, I would probably still say boy, but we will see!

Movement: None, yet! Apparently I am now in the potential window to start feeling flutters for the first time, but I think for a lot of women it's closer to the 18-20 week mark.

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well, but I have been waking up before my alarm lately and haven't been able to go back to sleep like I normally do.

What I miss: Nothing this week! I got over my craving for a cold sandwich, with a veggie sub from Subway. LOVE those!

Cravings: Again...kind of boring. Obsessed with fruit still- mainly white grapes. I swear I could eat my weight in them. But other than, I haven't really had any strong cravings for anything this week.

Symptoms: Same thing as last week- bleeding gums, tummy itching, and also some intense round ligament pain at times, but I'm definitely not complaining. Everything is totally worth it!

Best Moment this week: Coming home to my sweet husband on Monday! He didn't get to go to Kentucky with me this weekend, and after an emotionally draining few days, it was so nice to be able to come home to him. He was exactly what I needed to get out of my sad stage!

2 comments: