Size of baby: Baby Ray is the size of a naval orange or an apple, or about 4-4 1/2 inches long.
What baby is up to: Baby is able to hear sounds as of week 14. I think that's incredible that this early into gestation, that their sweet little ears are already working! He or she is also practicing breathing, sucking, and swallowing, and is apparently moving around a lot at this point, but I still haven't felt anything. At week 15, Baby is able to move all four limbs and has fully functional joints, and can now sense light and dark!
Maternity Clothes: I did it. I took the plunge. I was tired of wearing the same dresses over and over and over again, so I broke out some maternity pants. Heaven is all I have to say. Absolute bliss.
Gender: Still no clue! Five more weeks and counting. Hunter is dead set on a baby girl still, and continues to refer to the baby as "she" and "her." I keep telling him when this baby boy is born, he's going to have a complex because his daddy called him a girl for so long! Ha! We'll see!
Movement: None, yet!
Movement: None, yet!
Sleep: Can't complain! I still wake up once in the middle of the night to go potty, but never have any trouble going back to sleep.
What I miss: My desire for water! I've been terrible about drinking enough water, and that has always been my drink of choice- that's all I ever drink, actually. But since I've been pregnant, it is the LAST thing that I want!
Cravings: Nothing exciting this week. I feel like my taste buds have been relatively calm lately.
Symptoms: Bleeding gums when I brush my teeth. And if we're going to be totally honest, I've had a couple of nose bleeds here and there too. Gross. And I sneeze constantly. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with being pregnant or not, but I have never sneezed this much in my life, and it has been since the beginning of the pregnancy. I probably sneeze on average 10 times per day at least- at home, in the car, at work, out in public, it doesn't matter. There isn't anything specific that triggers them. And I always worry that I'm startling my poor baby, because I have some SERIOUSLY loud sneezes!
Best Moment this week: Getting some great buys on gender neutral clothing at a local charity consignment sale. It definitely makes it more real now that I am purchasing items for OUR BABY. Oh my. It gives me heart palpatations just thinking about it. We also got our first wave of "nesting" earlier this week and cleaned out our closets to start making room for baby! I know it's still really early, but I figure I might as well take advantage of these spurts of energy while I have them, right?









You look beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteSame with me on the gums, had one nose bleed too, and I too sneeze all the time! I just finished with the closet clean out last week... Sounds like we are right on track with each other! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny about the sneezes! I keep asking people if that is "normal" in pregnancy, and everybody thinks I'm crazy. Glad to know you've got the sneezes too! :)
ReplyDelete