How far along: 19 weeks and 1 day...and baby boy is DEFINITELY growing!
Size of Baby: Baby Ray is the size of a large heirloom tomato!
What baby is up to: Hair is now sprouting from that sweet little head, and his brain is working on designating areas for smell, taste, sight, and touch.
Maternity Clothes: Embracing the pants completely! I've tried wearing a few maternity shirts, but most are still way too big, but I'm sure I will be able to wear them before too long!
Gender: Baby Ray is a BOY!!
Movement: I think I may have felt the slightest, tiniest little nudges this weekend when we were at the beach. I woke up early Saturday morning, was lying on my side, and I felt two tiny little nudges on the inside of my tummy. If you can imagine what it feels like when you have a jumpy muscle- like when your eye twitches- that's how light it was. But it happened once, there was about a 5 or 10 second pause, and then it happened again in the exact same place on the inside left of my tummy.
The day I turned 19 weeks (Thursday), we were flying from Nashville to Seattle, and I am pretty positive I felt baby moving aroundafter I had some skittles. And later that evening when I got in the bed, I felt him moving around even more. I'm so excited to finally be able to feel him!
The day I turned 19 weeks (Thursday), we were flying from Nashville to Seattle, and I am pretty positive I felt baby moving around
Sleep: So much better this week! I still get a little stuffy at night, but nothing compared to how it was with my cold!
What I miss: Nothing this week!
Cravings: Still fruit! And it's not something that I think about constantly if you have a normal craving for something, but when I see it, that's all I want! For example, when we were watching the game on Saturday, they had chicken wings, chips and dips, and a tray of apple slices and cheese cubes. I probably ate half of their apples! And then that evening at the reception, they had an amazing assortment of incredible food. All I wanted was a plate full of fruit. Hunter thought I was crazy. He did bring me a glass of shrimp and grits- which is usually my favorite- and it was definitely good, but the only thing I cared about were those fruit skewers!
I've mentioned before that since I've been pregnant, I've had a hard time drinking my water like I should. That is still true, but not as bad as it was in the beginning. But now, later in the evenings (after supper usually), I've been craving a carbonated drink- SO weird for me! So I finally caved and bought a package of those really tiny cans of Coke Zero. They only have 21 mg of caffeine in them, and it's just enough to satisfy my desire for a cold, carbonated beverage. I don't think I've ever bought soft drinks to keep in our house since we've been married, so this is definitely something new!
I've mentioned before that since I've been pregnant, I've had a hard time drinking my water like I should. That is still true, but not as bad as it was in the beginning. But now, later in the evenings (after supper usually), I've been craving a carbonated drink- SO weird for me! So I finally caved and bought a package of those really tiny cans of Coke Zero. They only have 21 mg of caffeine in them, and it's just enough to satisfy my desire for a cold, carbonated beverage. I don't think I've ever bought soft drinks to keep in our house since we've been married, so this is definitely something new!
Symptoms: Terrible gum bleeding with flossing, and even just brushing! And then on the plane ride, I had the worst nose bleed I've had this entire pregnancy. :( Still having some round ligament pains in my right side, but again...not complaining at all! If this is the worst pregnancy symptom I have to deal with, bring it on!
Best Moment this week: Having a mini weekend vacation with my hubby at the beach!
Also this week, I had my first experience with someone telling me that I was "carrying a little weight." How nice and thoughtful of you, lady. I had never met her before, and she didn't know I was pregnant. She just felt the need to tell me I was "carrying a little weight." Of course I told her I was 18 weeks pregnant (this happened last Friday), but that didn't seem to phase her. Her response? "Oh." That's it. Nothing more. No apology, no back tracking, nothing more. Just "oh." Totally made my day, if you can imagine. I hear that these unsolicited comments only get worse as your pregnancy progresses, and even after your sweet baby is born? How fun!
But after the rude lady's comment, we headed to the beach for a wonderful weekend together, and that totally made me forget about her (kind of). Next Tuesday we are looking forward to our 20 week anatomy ultrasound! Can't wait to see Baby Boy again, and I can't wait for his daddy to see how much he has grown!
Also this week, I had my first experience with someone telling me that I was "carrying a little weight." How nice and thoughtful of you, lady. I had never met her before, and she didn't know I was pregnant. She just felt the need to tell me I was "carrying a little weight." Of course I told her I was 18 weeks pregnant (this happened last Friday), but that didn't seem to phase her. Her response? "Oh." That's it. Nothing more. No apology, no back tracking, nothing more. Just "oh." Totally made my day, if you can imagine. I hear that these unsolicited comments only get worse as your pregnancy progresses, and even after your sweet baby is born? How fun!
But after the rude lady's comment, we headed to the beach for a wonderful weekend together, and that totally made me forget about her (kind of). Next Tuesday we are looking forward to our 20 week anatomy ultrasound! Can't wait to see Baby Boy again, and I can't wait for his daddy to see how much he has grown!









No comments:
Post a Comment