Aug 26, 2011

Week 14...a day late


How far along: 14 weeks


Size of baby: Baby Ray is the size of a...lemon?? That seems like a step backwards to me. How do you go from a peach to a lemon? The peaches I consumed last week were apparently large and in charge, and definitely larger than a lemon. However, I did go to the grocery store last night and compare one of their peaches to a lemon, and the lemon was in fact just a tad longer than the peach. Maybe we're going for the length of the fruit?
Maternity Clothes: I'm still delaying the inevitable, but I have a feeling that it won't be much longer. I think the first thing that I'll have to start wearing in maternity are my work out clothes. I'm down to about one pair of shorts and a tennis skirt, and I've decided that its probably time to retire some of my favorite slim-fitting tanks and shirts for the time being, and reach for t-shirts for workouts instead.
Gender: Still no clue. Since the beginning of the pregnancy, I've had two girl dreams, a boy dream, and a puppy dream. Strange, but true. We brought home a puppy from the hospital, a white lab to be specific. We would include the puppy in our mealtimes, and let him or her (this dream wasn't gender specific, just species specific) sit with us at the dinner table. We carried him/her around in a sweet little blanket, and then we would put him/her outside to play with Sage. They loved each other. And we were proud of our cute "baby." Weird. I hear the weirdness of dreams continues throughout your pregnancy?
Movement: None, yet!
Sleep: Can't complain! I still wake up once in the middle of the night to go potty, but never have any trouble going back to sleep.
What I miss: Pants that button, maybe?
Cravings: Still all over the place. But overall this week, I think I've probably craved fruit more than anything- especially cantaloupe, grapes, and watermelon. I can't get enough!
Symptoms: None right now! I started to feel more like myself around week 12, and got most of my energy back. I really can't complain!
Best Moment this week: Spending time with my sweet family!

1 comment:

  1. So funny about the fruit. American fruit is just way oversized. When I go to Israel I always say I have "real fruit" and then I'm back in the US with "watermelon peaches" and "apples on steroids". Keep the updates coming, especially belly pics :-)

    ReplyDelete