Aug 2, 2011

Friendships, Faith, and Fellowship

Sunday evening, I experienced a life changing moment of one of my dear friends, Vasu. Last December she accepted Jesus Christ as her savior, and Sunday evening she made her public profession of faith and was baptized. Vasu read her testimony to the church at the beginning of her baptism ceremony, and it was all I could do to to stop myself from crying like a baby. It was such a touching moment, and I'm so glad that I was there to witness such an incredible act of faith.
They asked all of Vasu's friends to join her at the front of the church and surround the baptismal. I've always dearly loved Vasu, and I've always thought so highly of her, but seeing so many people there to support her confirmed how many people's lives she has already touched. She has a passion for creating and maintaining relationships, and her long term goal in life is to start an orphanage in India. There is no doubt in my mind that God is driving that desire in her heart, and I pray that she is able to see it come to fruition one day.

After the beautiful ceremony, we were invited to our friend Ali's house for a delicious dinner. She made an amazing chicken spaghetti, and I can't wait to get my hands on that recipe!



Ali also made these delicious cross-shaped scones that were as yummy as they were pretty!

Our long lost friend, Scott. It has been a while since I've seen Scott, but apparently he thought it had been much longer! Just for the record Scott...yes, I'm SURE that Hunter and I have been married for only two years, and I'm also pretty sure that I haven't had a kid yet, no matter what your strange little brain was telling you!
This is just a handful of the girls at the end of the party. The four of us work together, and there were several more there that evening that snuck out before we got a group photo. These girls are so amazing, and I'm just so blessed to work with such an incredible group of sweet, Christian girls. They are all so uplifting and encouraging, and it's hard to ever have a bad day when you work with such wonderful friends!
I can't say enough how much Sunday evening blessed my soul and increased my faith, and I am so thankful for these moments!

 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” -Acts 2:38

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - this may be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. Thank you so much for documenting one of the most special days of my life - so thankful and blessed to have all of you be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete