Aug 18, 2011

Pregnancy- Week 13


How Far Along: 13 Weeks, despite what this picture looks like


Whoa, Momma! Can we pause for a moment and talk about this? I don't think that belly bump is normal for me to only be 13 weeks along. Goodness gracious! Hunter and I both noticed a big difference in my belly last night, and surely I haven't "popped" at 13 weeks... right? My mom said she always showed really early, so maybe I have her pregnancy genes?  I've read that if you have weaker ab muscles, you can show early, but please don't tell me that I've been doing bootcamp for over a year now, and I have "weak abs."
Size of baby: Baby Shep is the size of a peach (despite the above picture)! Funny...I've had 2 peaches every day this week. Or maybe not funny, but a little creepy??
Maternity Clothes: I'm trying to delay the inevitable, but I've definitely been enjoying the belly band for a few weeks now. The rubberband trick works wonders as well. I can still technically button some of my pants, but why force it when there is a more comfortable alternative, right? Oh, and dresses are definitely my BFF right now, and I would prefer a dress over pants ANY day.
Gender: Absolutely no idea! I said boy at the beginning (probably just because that's what one of those silly chinese gender things said), and Hunter has been calling Baby a "she" from the get go. My family thinks girl, and Hunter's family thinks boy! I really don't care if Baby is a boy or a girl, we are just praying for a healthy baby.
Movement: None, yet!
Sleep: Like a baby! Other than getting up to go potty, but that is starting to get better. Most of the first trimester, I wasn't that sleepy, but as soon as weeks 9-11 came around, I was a zombie! Now that I'm at the tail end of the first trimester, I'm starting to feel more "normal."
What I miss: I've never been a big drinker, but I think because I know I can't have it, I would love to have a glass of wine! Oh, and I kind of miss my coffee. I've really done (surprisingly) well with no caffeine, and I haven't had any withdrawals, but I do miss my coffee time in the morning.
Cravings: Oh goodness gracious. This definitely depends on the day. At the beginning, the thought of cereal turned my tummy over. But starting last week, I think I discovered a new obsession for Lucky Charms? Weird. I've never been one for sugary cereals. The most I ever branch out is Frosted Mini Wheats and Special K Fruit and Yogurt. But Lucky Charms? Really? I've also been caught drinking pickle juice. Straight from the jar. Shameful, really. Just shameful.
Symptoms: I had a few "off" days at the beginning where I just didn't fell good, and there was one time that I nearly got sick (Note to self: not a good idea to take prenatals AND an antibiotic on an empty stomach), but other than the sluggishness and my body clearly going through some drastic {physical} changes before my eyes, I've really had an uneventful first trimester! Can't complain!
Best Moment this week: Hearing that sweet baby's heart beat, loud and clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment