I love to read. I always have. But sadly I don't find the time for it anymore as much as I used to. And let's be honest- it's so much easier to sit down on the couch and watch hundreds of DVR'd reality shows when you are wanting to be lazy! However, I do love a good read while on vacation- while you're driving, flying, laying on the beach, whatever. I just love getting caught up in a great book.
Last week, when we were at the beach, I picked up The Help. If you have not read this book, run, don't walk, to the closest bookstore (or Amazon!) and get it. It is THAT good. I absolutely could not put it down, and I think Hunter even started to get a little jealous that a book was getting more attention than he was. Sorry, honey!
I can't say enough good things about it. When I was in high school, one of my absolute favorite books was To Kill a Mockingbird (and it still is). Imagine that, but with a few twist of humor thrown in.
So Monday, I got invited to go watch the movie that they have released with a group of girls from church, and I jumped on the chance. About 6 or 7 of us went to see it, and I don't think a single person in that theatre had a dry eye when they left. Amazing. I will say that the movie left out several good story lines that the book included, but I think that's pretty normal. If they had truly stuck with every detail of the book, the movie would have probably been about 5 hours long.
Regardless, it was still a great movie, and I highly recommened both the book AND the movie! They were so good! Not to mention, the author graduated from The University of Alabama. I honestly didn't know that until I got to the end, but if the story wasn't good enough, that definitely sealed the deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment