
How far along: 26 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Will is almost 2 pounds, and 14 inches long!
What baby is up to: His lungs continue to develop and he's taking small breaths of amniotic fluid, preparing him for his first breath of fresh air.
His veins are visible through his transparent skin but soon that will change as his skin begins to turn opaque.
The nerve pathways are becoming more and more developed, making him more responsive to sound.
Maternity Clothes: Can't live without them! Definitely need to be on the lookout for a nice coat that I can actually continue to button throughout the winter!
Gender: He's a BOY! Baby Will :)
Movement: Constant, and definitely stronger movements! I love it!
Sleep: Can't complain at all!
What I miss: Still the wine this week.
Cravings: See above.
Symptoms: Confession- I had to have help putting on my boots this week. I've realized that even when sitting down, there is only so far I can bend and still be able to breath.
Breathing/getting oxygen to the baby > putting on shoes.
So the breathing wins. This is when my sweet husband comes in to save the day! :)
I've also started to feel more pressure on my back. I'm thinking I might need to bring a pillow to work soon, to put in my chair at the small of my back for a little extra support.
Best moment this week: Realizing that we have surpassed when my sweet husband was born. It's been a while, but I've mentioned before that Hunter was born at a scary 25 1/2 weeks. Can you imagine?? In 1981, my husband came at 25 1/2 weeks, weighing in at 2#, 11 oz, which is actually a great weight considering how early he was. He is most definitely a miracle, and I am so grateful that his little life was spared! I can't imagine going into labor right now, and I can't imagine the fear that was going through his parents' minds. So, so scary. But so, so amazing that he survived with no complications! To God be the glory!









No comments:
Post a Comment