
How far along: 25 weeks, 3 days
Size of Baby: Baby Ray is the size of an eggplant, or about 13.5 inches, and about a pound and a half!
What baby is up to: In the coming weeks, he will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining some baby fat and filling out his long, lean frame.
As he gains weight, his skin begins to become less wrinkled and he begins to look more and more like a newborn. Also, his skin is finally gaining some color. His hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! And at 25 weeks, the structure of the spine is beginning to form.
At my 24 week visit last Friday, the doctor told me I was actually measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead (26 1/2 weeks instead of 24), so I'm guessing that Baby Boy has hit a growth spurt a little early maybe?
Maternity Clothes: Loving them! I actually got some great deals on 2 dresses from Gap Maternity this week, so I'm really excited about that. Affordable but cute maternity clothes are harder to find than you think!
Gender: Baby Ray is a BOY!! His name is...to be announced soon. :)
Movement: Baby's favorite hobbies include the following: karate, t'ai chi, soccer, and throwin 'bows. Ha! Little Boy is definitely getting stronger, and loves to show off his skills lately!
Sleep: Can't complain at all!
What I miss: I would love to have a glass of red wine, if we are going to be completely honest. Just one. I would even settle for a 1/2 glass. Or even a sip.
Cravings: See above.
Symptoms: My back hasn't started hurting, per say, but I did notice last night when I got in the bed that I felt like I just relieved a ton of pressure off my back by lying down. But I honestly didn't even realize that I was the slightest bit uncomfortable before I got in the bed. I guess my body is starting to feel the pressure of my growing belly, maybe?
Best moment this week: Hearing that sweet baby's heartbeat, and passing my glucose test! We appreciate your efforts, Pancreas!
Also this week, in the way of starting on the nursery, we have picked up a sample can of paint and painted a small area of the wall. I have also gotten in some gorgeous fabric samples for drapes and bedding for the twin bed that will be going in his room. His Nonnie also has some more fabric samples on the way that she picked up in Atlanta this week.
I have also started rearranging and reorganizing things that I had been keeping in his closet- extra clothes of ours, wrapping supplies (not sure where I'm going to store this just yet- I have just a small problem with excessive gift wrapping materials), extra bedding and pillows, etc. His closet is slowly but surely becoming HIS closet, and not Mommy and Daddy's overfill closet!









No comments:
Post a Comment