Nov 14, 2011

Melissa Ties the Knot- Part 1

This weekend one of my dearest friends and sorority sisters married the love of her life. This wedding was a long time in the making, as they got engaged last July before Ryhan was deployed. I am so, so happy for this sweet couple, and I am so thankful that I was able to share their day with them!

We kicked the weekend off with a beautiful bridesmaids luncheon at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens on Friday.

 













After our delicious lunch, we enjoyed a southern tradition of a yummy "charm cake." The ribbons are color coordinated for the bride, flower girl, married girls, and single girls, and each bridesmaid gets to pull a charm from the cake.

This was Melissa's charm- a six pence for her shoe on her wedding day!


Brittanie is getting married in 5 weeks, and I thought her charm was perfect- it was a couple with the saying "and they lived happily ever after!"


Wedding day...coming up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment