How far along: 24 weeks...I am six months pregnant! Whattt??!! Doesn't that sound like really far along?? I have my 24 week appointment tomorrow morning, and also the super fun glucose tolerance test. Here's to hoping my pancreas will behave!
Size of Baby: Baby Ray is the length of an ear of corn, or about 12 inches, and over a pound! I've also read that my uterus is the "size of a soccer ball." Um...that's probably a pretty close comparison, judging by the size of my belly this week!
What baby is up to:His brain is developing rapidly and taste buds are developing. He has also begun to develop white blood cells, which are necessary for fighting off disease and infection- we definitely want those to work!
His lungs develop branches this week, as well as produce surfactant that will help prevent his little lungs from collapsing after birth. His inner ear is completely developed, and he has basic control over all of his senses: hearing, touch, taste, smell and vision! Somebody has been a busy little boy lately!
Maternity Clothes: No holding back!
Gender: Baby Ray is a BOY!! His name is...to be announced soon. :)
Movement: Constant. And I love, love, love it. And I love seeing those little kicks and punches through my tummy!
Sleep: Still no complaints!
What I miss: Nothing!
Cravings: Still loving the chocolate milk. And the juice mixed with ginger ale. Nothing really exciting lately.
Symptoms: Still some lovely nose bleeds. I think the change in weather maybe has exacerbated this lately? Also, I think I may be coming down with "pregnancy bladder," or maybe this has something to do with Baby Boy showing us how he likes to kick mommy's bladder a few weeks ago. If that's the case, his kicks have definitely gotten stronger!
Best moment this week: Seeing two of my college roomies, Christina and Mary Kathryn, and getting to spend the afternoon with them shopping for all things baby! Christina's little man is growing up so fast, and word on the street is he's really excited about being able to boss Baby Ray around one day when they are fraternity brothers. (Their daddies were fraternity brothers together at Alabama!)
Mary Kathryn and I share the same due date, and she is going to have Baby Ray's first girlfriend- Mary Miller!
Also this week, the unsolicited-horrible-birthing-stories-from-strangers have started. I like stories. I also like to know what we are getting ourselves into. However, I do not like scary stories of the most horrible things that could possibly happen on THAT day.
Quote of the week: "I believe you're pregnant. Turn to the side so I can see you better. (Insert pause) GIRL, I believe you're pregnant in the front AND in the back!"
My response: "Mrs. ____, I've been pregnant in the back since I was about 15!"
Thankfully, I can laugh at this. It is not something I'm proud of, but it is something I learned to accept years ago. And thankfully, this comment came to me a) from a sweet lady that I've worked with for years that I dearly love, and b) when I was having a good day and not a "moody" day!

![photo_1[1]](http://theshepherdscoop.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/photo_11.jpg)
![photo_2[1]](http://theshepherdscoop.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/photo_21.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment