Back in September, we took our annual beach trip down to the Gulf Coast. The weather was so nice- not too hot, and not too cold. Although we would've liked to have seen the sun a little more than we did this trip, a few cloudy and rainy days at the beach are certainly better than any day NOT at the beach!
We drove down there after work one day, so it was late that evening before we finally arrived. The next morning, a certain little boy was in awe of the ocean view he woke up to. So much so, that he kept avoiding his mommy so he wouldn't have to put on appropriate beach attire. (Rest assured, we had a long talk with him about how in the future years, this would not be considered cute anymore, and would certainly get him in some major trouble.)
That night, I told Hunter I wanted to go out to the boardwalk while it was nice, and I'm so glad we did! That was the only night we were there that it wasn't overcast and/or really rainy.
Seriously, how can you beat a beautiful sunset at the beach?
During my first pregnancy, I have a picture in the same place at 12 weeks. This time, I was 8 weeks (and looked like I was already about 16).
Which may or may not have had something to do with our favorite breakfast place while at the beach.
The next day, after we waited out the rain, we attempted to get some pictures of Will on the beach. (Do you see a trend in our trips to the beach yet? Beach, donuts, pictures. Wash, rinse, repeat.) Well, I'm not sure how this shark-like creature ended up on the shore, but he was super creepy. Not really what I had in mind when I said I wanted to get some beach pictures.
Once we were able to get over the creepy shark, we moved on to cuter things- like Will. Warning: mamarazzi overload is about to happen.
The next day, we finally got some sun for a few hours. Will used this to his advantage to do boy things, like check out the ladies, and play in the dirt.
Those curls. Y'all. I couldn't get enough of those precious beach curls.
And he couldn't get enough of the sand. He was in heaven, and would just sit and play and play and play, or in his words "dig, dig, dig!" We are certainly thankful for a little boy that loves the beach as much as we do.
What a wonderful mini vacation we had! Even though this was at the peak of I-feel-terrible pregnancy phase, it was certainly more tolerable in a relaxing environment than it would have been if we were working. I'm so thankful that we got a little time away just when we (I) needed it the most!














































No comments:
Post a Comment