Oct 20, 2013

Pregnancy 2- Week 16


Size of baby: The size of an avocado, or about 4.5 inches long. The weekly updates I get told me to "prepare for a growth spurt." She is projected to double her weight and add inches in length. Um...yikes! And crazy fact...her heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day. That's a lot for a little girl only 4.5 inches (crown to rump)!
 
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. Pants are a must, and maternity shirts are hit or miss.

Gender: Girl! We are thrilled!
  
Movement: Still nothing consistent, but some definite movement here and there.

Sleep: Overall, pretty good. One day this weekend, I was on my feet on pavement for about 4 hours straight, and by the time I left my back was killing me. I was embarrassed to admit it at the time, because I don't feel like I'm far enough along to be able to complain about back aches, but it definitely affected me. I didn't sleep as well that night either. I just couldn't get comfortable, and it seemed like every position I tried sleeping in eventually put pressure on my lower back. I'm praying that this isn't a preview of what's to come for the remainder of the pregnancy!

What I miss: Nothing specific this week. Although, a glass of wine would have been great the night I had the back ache!

Cravings: Back to my boring ways...no fun cravings this week!

Symptoms: Back aches. Boo.
 
Best Moment this week: Although I haven't had any shopping trips for Baby Girl yet, I have certainly had fun pinning lots of cute patterns for her! I'm sure those of you who "follow" my Sewing board on Pinterest (by default, not because it is that interesting) were getting tired of seeing all the ruffles and bloomers!

No comments:

Post a Comment