Oct 13, 2013

Pregnancy 2- Week 15


Size of baby: The size of an apple, or about 4 inches long. Baby Shepherd can move all of HER limbs and joints, and SHE can sense light!

Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. Still not quite filling out maternity shirts, but pants are a necessity.

Gender: I somehow sweet talked my way into an early ultrasound at my visit on Thursday, and we found out that sweet baby Shepherd is a GIRL! We couldn't be more excited! More on that to come. :)
 
Movement: I swear I've been feeling a few little movements here and there. Nothing consistent, but once you know what it feels like to have a baby moving around in your tummy, you don't ever forget it. The books say you can't feel it until about 18 weeks, but I feel like you are more in tune to what is going on your second (or more) time around.

Sleep: I feel like this past week has be a little better! Still wake up early to go to the restroom, but usually can fall back asleep.

What I miss: A good sushi roll!

Cravings: I tore up some pickles this week. I don't know that it was necessarily a craving, but Publix had them BOGO this week and I bought two jars. And I may have gone back for a third one this weekend. So, I guess that technically does count as a craving then, since I don't normally eat them on a regular basis?

Symptoms: Not quite as tired OR emotional this week! I know Hunter is rejoicing. :) Also, my gum bleeding is back. This happened with Will too, and not just when I'm brushing or flossing. I sometimes will have a spontaneous gum bleed for no reason! Gross!

Best Moment this week: Lots of exciting things this week! Last week I got to go home to hang out with my Kentucky family, which is always wonderful. And then I had a surprise ultrasound and got to see our healthy baby moving all over the place, and to top it off, we found out we are going to be welcoming a sweet baby girl into the world! This has been a pretty awesome week, to say the least!

1 comment: