Size of baby: Baby
Girl is the size of a turnip, or about 5 inches long (top of her head
to her little booty), and average weight is 5 ounces. Her little
skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. She can move her
joints, and sweat glands are starting to develop.
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. Pants are a must, and maternity shirts are hit or miss.
Stretch Marks: Nope. Knock on wood, I never got any with Will either.
Gender: Still a girl! J I had another ultrasound this week, and they are still saying without question, we’ve got a little girl in my tummy.
Movement:
Still nothing consistent, but some definite movement here and there.
She was squirming all over the place during the ultrasound on Wednesday!
Sleep: Pretty good this week, thankfully!
What I miss: Nothing this week!
Cravings: I’ve been LOVING some Pumpkin Spice marshmallows this week. So yummy!
Symptoms:
For some reason, my tiredness has come back this week. I’m not as
exhausted as I was during the first trimester, but I’m definitely sleepy
this week. Also, during my ultrasound, they said I was having some
Braxton hicks? Crazy. I had no idea you could have them this early! I
couldn’t feel them at all, and the tech said it was totally normal. Good
to know!
Best Moment this week: I finally made my first purchase for little girl (besides diapers)!
Nothing too terribly exciting, but Children’s Place was having a good
sale on their pajamas (and I love their footed pajamas), so I got her 3
pairs, and Will a pair…for $28 total! And this goes without saying, I
loved being able to see that sweet pea during the ultrasound this week.
They tried to get a profile picture of her (per my request), but little
one was facing down with her little knees tucked under her belly, and
kept putting her hands in front of her face. Diva!
I
went to a local community college to get the ultrasound, because they
have a sonography school, and are constantly looking for “volunteers”
(i.e. pregnant women wanting a free ultrasound) for their students to
practice on. Sign me up! It was definitely used as a teaching
opportunity (duh) for the students, and my student’s assignment was to
get a lateral view of the head and of the stomach, so I got to see
Little Miss’s thymus and her portal vein. Exciting stuff, I tell ya. But
totally worth it! I got to see my little one, AND it was free!









What?! Volunteers for an ultrasound?? I need details stat.
ReplyDeleteYou and miss priss are looking gorgeous as usual! Love you dear!
ReplyDelete