Sep 26, 2010

The Tide Wins and a Cheeseball Recipe

Oh. My. Goodnessgracious. That game on Saturday. Ya'll, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I must admit, it was definitely quiet in our living room while we were watching the first half in disbelief.  But the Tide finally got their heads (and their hearts!) back into the game and some how pulled it off. Oh goodness. I'm still having heart palpitations just thinking about that game! We were so excited about the outcome that we even let Sage come inside and celebrate. She was in heaven! And then it took her about 0.4 seconds to find the garbage and start nosing around. So back outside she went.


Last week I bragged on my friend Danielle's cheese ball, and I have officially gotten the recipe for this yumminess. We refrained from making for ourselves this weekend, but it sure was tempting! I think we would have easily eaten the entire thing without thinking twice. But here it is:

D's Cheeseball
1 package dry ranch mix
2 packages 8 oz cream cheese- set out to allow to warm to room temperature
1 can dried Armour beef (canned meat section in grocery store)- I was kind of hesitant about this stuff. But it reminds me a lot of pepperoni. Just a little saltier. But I think you could probably substitute ham and it would be good too.
1 package crescent rolls
1 egg

1- Chop 3/4 can of the dried Armor beef.
2- Mix ranch, beef, and cream cheese with clean hands. Form ball with mixture.
3- On a cookie sheet, lay out the entire crescent roll can. (Pinch holes together so that it is one big crescent.)
4- Place cream cheese ball in center of crescent roll.
5- Carefully pull up the sides of the crescent roll around the ball to cover it. Pinch crescent role excess together at top.
6- Lightly beat the egg, and brush over crescent.
7- Cook according to directions on crescent roll can.

Serve with either triscuits or wheat thins, and attempt to not eat your weight in this deliciousness. Of course if you want to decrease the calories in this recipe, I would recommend using either fat free or 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and  reduced fat crescents. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment