Sep 24, 2010

Light(er) Chicken Cordon Bleu

We have been on the quest for new, healthy recipes lately. Let's be honest- we can only have grilled chicken so many times a week. So when I came across this recipe, I was intrigued, but I had no idea how yummy it would be. We have a winner people. Let me introduce you to our newest low calorie entree, Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu. The only change we made to the recipe was using fat free cream cheese rather than reduced fat, because that's what we had in the fridge. Regardless, it has so much yummy goodness on top that you kinda forget you are enjoying a low(er) calorie version of a typically terrible-for-you dinner.
We found this recipe on one of my newest favorite recipe websites, http://www.eatingwell.com/. Obsessed. I can't tell you how many times we've used this website over the past month. Some of our other favorite recipes have been the Buffalo Chicken Wraps and Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders. Yummy.

We've made the Buffalo Chicken Wraps several times now, and we have altered the recipe some to cut down on steps, and to cut down on calories even further. For our wraps, we've been using Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Wraps (71 calories, 8 gm protein, 12 gm fiber). Instead of making our own hot sauce (with vinegar, cayenne, EVOO), we found some wing sauce at Kroger than has less than 10 calories per serving. And since Hunter despises blue cheese, we use fat free ranch instead of making the blue cheese dressing. This takes each wrap down to about 200 calories, which is pretty awesome.

For this weekend, we're starting to think a little roasted pig is calling our name. And as a side note, the hype of Ryan Mallett is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm hoping that our performance this weekend will eliminate all of that nonsense. Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment