To kick off Week 5, Hunter had a business trip scheduled that required him to be gone overnight. This was going to be the first time that we were left alone at night since Will was born, and I knew that we would miss him, but I didn't realize how hard it would be to tell him goodbye- even if it was for just one night. So last Sunday afternoon, we were telling him goodbye, and somebody cried like a baby. And it wasn't Will. I think it even surprised Hunter as to how hard it would be, and so we made a (very) last minute decision to pack up the car and head over to Atlanta with him. So, Will had his very first road trip, and he did great!
This was very comforting to this road warrior momma, especially considering we have planned a trip to Kentucky very soon. He made it to Atlanta without us having to stop to feed him, and we only had to stop once on the way home the next day.
We also realized this week that we no longer had that "little" baby we brought home from the hospital, but someone must have swapped babies with us overnight, and left us with a slightly larger version, complete with fat rolls on his arms!
Will also continued to give me some more smiles,
practice his wide range of faces,
including his Dr. Evil impersonation. He's getting close to perfecting that one.
We've also started putting him in his bouncy seat, and he seems to like it- most of the time. This has come in very handy a couple of times this week while trying to put my make up on one day, and another time while I was cooking dinner.
According to one source, typically a growth spurt happens around 6 weeks. Sure enough, towards the end of 5 weeks, Will started kicking up his eating frequency again, going back to his old habits of making it only 2-2 1/2 hours between some of his day feedings, and 3- 3 1/2 hours between night feedings.
As far as development is concerned, he's definitely starting to stare at certain things more often, and you can now tell what (or who) it is that he's looking at. He likes to stare at his mommy when he's eating (when his eyes aren't closed), and that's probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He will turn his head when someone starts talking or walks into a room, and will track with his eyes what is going on in the room around him. He's also got a SUPER strong neck, and picks his head up off of your shoulder and holds it up by himself for sometimes 30 seconds at a time.
And remember that ultrasound I had at 20 weeks when he was kicking the fire out of my bladder like a little frog? He does that- constantly. He also likes to do leg lifts when he's in his swaddle and we put him down at night. He is the wiggliest baby I've ever been around, and changing his diaper is already a challenge. I can't imagine how much more difficult it will get when he can actually move his entire body around!










Such a cute wiggle worm! Glad the trip went well!
ReplyDeleteYou were here and I didn't know it!!!! SAD STORY! He is a doll!
ReplyDeleteJennifer...I knew I would get called out for this! Ha! We were literally there for less than 24 hours- 14 to be exact. We rolled into town at about 7 Sunday evening, and left at 9 the next morning!
ReplyDelete