
I'm a little late on this, and actually now closer to 31 weeks than 30, but I thought I would go ahead and post it!
How far along: 30 weeks (when this was typed), 30 weeks and a day when the picture was taken...as in {hopefully} less than 10 weeks left until we meet this sweet little angel!
Size of Baby: Baby Will is about 3 pounds, and about 15 1/2 inches long...about the size of a head of cabbage!
What baby is up to: He now almost fills up my entire uterine cavity and his arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat. By 30 weeks, his eyelids open and close. He will keep his eyes closed for most of the day though. When his eyes are open, he will be able to track light inside of the womb, though his vision isn't "perfect" or 20/20. Lanugo, or fine hair that once covered his body, will start falling off this week.
Maternity Clothes: I'm very thankful to have some very generous friends who have let me borrow their maternity clothes. It definitely helps the shrinking wardobe (in more ways than one), and prevents me from spending money on clothes that I will only be able to wear for 2 more months.
Gender: He's a BOY! Wilson Hunter Jr :)
Movement: I swear he moved nonstop for close to two hours the other night. And I just told Hunter that he never wakes me up at night, but I think he must have heard me say that, because last night I woke up a couple of times, and little man was moving and grooving to his little heart's content! I'm not sure if that's exactly what woke me up, but he sure did seem to be having a party in there!
Sleep: Still good! I don't mind waking up to his little movements every once in a while.
What I miss: Nothing, this week!
Cravings: Again, nothing exciting this week.
Symptoms: I think I may have felt (and recognized) my first Braxton Hicks contraction this week. It wasn't painful, but just a little uncomfortable. It lasted for about a minute, and then went away, never to be felt again! It just felt like I had a muscle cramp in my entire abdomen, and my tummy was as hard as a rock, and then it relaxed.
Also this week, Will had some serious hiccups for about 5 minutes, and for the first time, I could actually feel them through my tummy. And several girls I work with have now seen AND felt him move!
Best moment this week: We have almost finished our "Preparing for Parenthood" classes at the hospital where we are going to deliver. We have attended 3 out of 4 classes, and the last one we will be making up in January. We have learned so much, and I'm so glad that my sweet husband agreed to go them with me. Like most men, he doesn't get very excited about sitting through classes related to the things that women go through during the labor and delivery process, but he was such a trooper! Thanks babe!
As of next week my appointments will be every two weeks until the last month, when I'll go once a week. I can't believe how quickly the end of our pregnancy is getting here!









No comments:
Post a Comment