Dec 1, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 28 weeks


How far along: 28 weeks...7 months, and officially in the third trimester! I feel like 28 weeks is an accomplishment, because I feel like we've officially entered the "safe zone" in case little man decides to come early. Research shows excellent chances of survival if an infant is born after 28 weeks, and that is definitely comforting!

Size of Baby: Baby Will is about 2 1/4 pounds, and just under 15 inches long!

What baby is up to: At this point, he will continue to gain body fat in the coming weeks to prepare for life outside the womb. He can also recognize my voice, which I think is amazing! His eyes continue to develop this week and his brain is developing millions of neurons. The hair on his head continues to grow. Muscle tone in his body steadily develops, and even though his lungs are now capable of breathing air, it would be difficult for him if he were born now.

Maternity Clothes: Can't live without them!

Gender: He's a BOY! Wilson Hunter Jr :)

Movement: Feels like we are definitely going to have a wiggle worm on our hands. It's amazing to see my tummy moving, and he loves to kick his daddy when we are getting ready to go to sleep.

Sleep: Still no problems. I am VERY thankful that I've always been a side sleeper!

What I miss: My desire to work out! I have really tried hard to stay somewhat active during my pregnancy- tried being the key word here. I continued to do bootcamp most of my first trimester, and then I realized that it kind of wasn't worth it because I couldn't do all of the exercises "full out" anymore. Since then, I've tried to walk Sage in the afternoons and go to the gym to do spin classes, the treadmill, and elliptical. Enter in daylight savings time ending, which brings complete darkness at 5pm, now much colder temperatures, and this has left me with ZERO motivation. However, I did attempt a "body jam" class (in their words, "an addictive fusion of the latest dance styles and hottest new sounds puts the emphasis as much on having fun as on breaking a sweat") earlier this week. I usually love stuff like this- I love dance classes, I love Zumba, but let me tell you- Body Jam at 7 months pregnant is slightly more awkward than it was pre-pregnancy! And hilarious, might I add.

Cravings: I think I had my first official, official craving this weekend- a gigantic diet cherry sprite from sonic, and it was SO good!

Symptoms: Body Jam = not only awkwardness, but also some back strain.
Cleaning frenzy on Thanksgiving day = productivity, but also back strain. But nothing a warm bath couldn't fix!


Best moment this week: Baby Will getting his first piece of mail this week! Thanks Jess! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment