
How far along: 29 weeks, 3 days
Size of Baby: Baby Will is about 2 1/2 pounds, and about 15 inches long!
What baby is up to: By 29 weeks, his brain can control his body's temperature. His eyes can move in his sockets and his muscles and lungs continue to mature. His bone marrow is now producing red blood cells and fat continues to develop under his skin.
Maternity Clothes: I can still squeeze into a few non-maternity shirts, but the length is becoming an issue. My favorite outfits right now include pajama pants and Hunter's t-shirts!
Gender: He's a BOY! Wilson Hunter Jr :)
Movement: Little Man has been going crazy at night lately. Hunter swears he has shaken the bed a few times!
Sleep: For the first time this weekend, I didn't get the greatest sleep. But I think it was because we were out of town and I was in a bed that I'm not used to.
What I miss: Nothing, this week!
Cravings: Back to the fruit. I had my first baby shower this weekend, and there was lots of yummy brunch food, but I honestly would have been content with just eating the gigantic bowl of fruit salad- all by myself!
Symptoms: Feeling kind of like a beached whale these days trying getting off the couch and out of the bed. My ab muscles are definitely not functioning the way they use to!
Best moment this week: Two things: 1) Hearing that sweet heartbeat at our 28 week visit last Friday (and having a great appointment- measuring right on time this time, and weight gain is right on track), and 2) Having our first baby shower this weekend in Kentucky. I think I was more nervous about this shower than I was about our wedding showers, because this made it SO real to me that we are getting ready to welcome a baby into our family. Like, a real, live baby that will rock our world and change our lives more than we could ever imagine. I get emotional just thinking about it! But more on the shower later this week!
Also, as of this weekend, Project Nursery is officially underway. After driving home from Kentucky today, my sweet husband primed the crib and started with the first coat of paint. We will be using the same crib that Israel, Sarah-Grace, and Jonathan used, so that is a blessing in itself because it is one less item we have to purchase! It was previously stained a cherry color, but we are in the process of painting it a Benjamin Moore color called "Elmira White." I think it is going to be beautiful! Also, the fabric for our window treatments and the crib betting is officially in as well. Time for this momma to start sewing! Pictures to come as it progresses!









No comments:
Post a Comment