Oct 20, 2011

Pregnancy update- Week 22



How far along: 22 weeks! Please excuse the work-out attire!

Size of Baby: Baby Ray is the size of a spaghetti squash, or about 11 inches, and almost a pound!

What baby is up to: Apparently baby is "starting to look like a miniature newborn."  His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. Also this week, his pancreas is developing!

Maternity Clothes: Embracing them completely! Now that it has gotten cooler, my wardrobe has been significantly downsized, taking away all of my comfy summer dresses and loose non-maternity tops.  Now I just need to find a jacket that I can wear into the winter months that I can fasten!

Gender: Baby Ray is a BOY!! His name is...to be announced soon. :)

Movement: I think we may have a wild child on our hands! Our little man seems like he is constantly moving, and Hunter and his sweet Nonnie (Hunter's mom) have felt him move now. I love it!

Sleep: No complaints! I still get up 1-2 times in the night to go potty, but have had no problems falling back asleep lately. Still loving the pillow-between-your-knees-when-you-are-lying-on-your-side trick.

What I miss: Nothing!

Cravings: None lately, really. Although I was offered a Diet Coke one day this week, and I caved. And it was sooo good!

Symptoms: Although I know I have a long way to go still, I'm definitely starting to feel a little different when I get up from a low, comfy seat, like a couch, the bed, or even out of my car. It's not difficult, per say, to get up, but I'm just starting to feel a little awkward, maybe? I also feel the need to sit down when I'm putting on socks and shoes- something I've never done before. I've come close to losing my balance a few times, so I figured better safe than sorry!

Best moment this week: Getting a game plan going for Baby Boy's nursery. Thank goodness, Hunter's mom is a decorator- an incredibly talented decorator at that! Lord knows I wasn't blessed with that talent, and we are so excited to have her to help us plan and decorate! We had our first "consultation" with Nonnie this week, and I am very excited to see how his little room turns out.

Also, if I could add this to best moment this week for week 21: Our family has some more very exciting news, and I've been dying to share! This little cutie...
is getting a brand new BABY SISTER! Holly is due within ONE week of me, and we could very well be in the hospital delivering our little angels at the same time. We are delivering at the same hospital, with the same doctor, so our family should be keeping him pretty busy. I am SO excited to be sharing this fun time with my sister-in-law, and I can't wait to these cousins grow up together!

2 comments:

  1. You look more and more beautiful each week! I didn't know your sister-in-law is pregnant too! That is so fun that you are due so close! That would be so fun if ya'll are in the hospital at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, my dear, you look positively radiant!!!! I am so excited for you both and can hardly wait to see a picture of that precious little boy. I know your Mom is so excited. What's so hard to believe is that gorgeous little girl I last saw in Elba all those years ago is grown, married and about to be a Mommy! Enjoy this time...it's fun and so exciting. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete