How far along: 23 weeks!
Size of Baby: Baby Ray is the size of a large mango, or about 11 inches, and almost a pound!
What baby is up to: By now the blood vessels in his lungs, important for breathing outside the womb, are developing. His lips are becoming more distinct and his eyes continue to develop, though they still lack color. Also, by this week, the bones in his middle ear start to harden. Also, in the coming weeks, he will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining about 6 ounces of weight a week.
And with my appetite this week, I believe that!
Maternity Clothes: Loving them!
Gender: Baby Ray is a BOY!! His name is...to be announced soon. :)
Movement: Constant. And I
love, love, love it. And I love seeing those little kicks and punches through my tummy!
Sleep: Still no complaints! I was SO tired last night, as in first trimester tired. So I got in the bed at 9, and slept like a rock! It was pretty awesome.
What I miss: Nothing!
Cravings: Back to the chocolate milk. I've been having about a glass a day. And I surprisingly don't feel guilty about it, because I know that if I don't get my calcium in, that baby will take what he needs from MY body. So I have no problem with getting a daily serving of calcium in disguised as chocolate milk!
Symptoms: A small amount of round ligament pain, but nothing to complain about!
Best moment this week: Registering this past weekend with my mom. I've been around babies my whole life it seems like. I've taken care of babies, and I feel like I've even raised a few. However, I had NO idea how many choices there were for, well,
everything baby related! Thank goodness it was just my mom and I that registered,
because I think my sweet husband would have had a nervous break-down. The only thing left we have to pick out is our car seat and stroller, and he has agreed to go with me and help pick that out. So once we get that taken care of, we can cross one more thing off the list!
No comments:
Post a Comment