Jun 26, 2012

Father's Day

Hunter's first "real" Father's Day was a pretty awesome one, if I may speak on the behalf of my husband. While I would like to think that no Father's Day will ever compare to last year, when I shared with him the news that we were expecting our first baby, I think this year came pretty close. We kicked the weekend off with breakfast on Saturday morning, followed by a relaxing day at home. At some point in the day I convinced him to go run some errands with me, where I made up some crazy story that I wanted to go look at wind chimes at a certain outdoor furniture store.
Will wearing yet another one of his daddy's sweet outfits from when he was a baby.

When we got there, the sweet lady that had previously helped me pick out his special Father's Day gift was in on the surprise, and got to announce to him that "Will had purchased him a Big Green Egg." He was so excited, and I loved seeing the surprise written on his face! Hunter is great about pulling off surprises, but I'm not nearly as creative as he is. So I was just excited that I actually surprised him!

We spent the rest of our perfect weekend just with each other, playing with Will, reaping the benefits of Hunter's new toy with some delicious steaks and grilled corn, and finally enjoying some mommy and daddy time after Will went down for the evening.


Sunday morning, Hunter got another Father's Day surprise- breakfast in bed. I found a fun {and super unhealthy} recipe on Pinterest for a cinnamon roll casserole. Cinnamon rolls are one of Hunter's guilty pleasures, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. It was super easy and so good!

We headed to church that morning, and then had a family dinner at his parents' house.  It was so nice to be able to spend Father's Day with his sweet family, and we couldn't let the day come to a close without a "boys only" picture of all of the men near and dear to our hearts.
Hunter, Taylor, Grandbob, Pop Pop, and Chris
 Will is so blessed to not only have the pleasure of knowing one, but two of his great-grandfathers! We didn't get to see my grandaddy this Father's Day, but we hope to see him in the coming weeks. Will has so many Godly men to look up to among his daddy, Pop Pop, Grandbob, and Grandaddy, and for that I am very thankful.

Will is crazy about his daddy, and so am I. Babe, I am so blessed to have you as my husband. You are an incredible example of what a husband and a father should be, and I can't wait to watch the relationship between you and Will grow and flourish and he gets older. We are both so richly blessed to have you in our lives, and we are so thankful for you. There are so many of your personality traits that I pray for Will to have- your work ethic, sense of humor, your charm, your level head, but most of all, your heart for the Lord and your love for your family. We love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Will wins the award for the best Father's day gift EVER! Hampton is taking notes ; ) By the way I am obsessed with Will's cute legs! I just want to pinch them! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby...he is so stinkin cute!! So glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete