Jun 16, 2012

4 Months


Weight: 15 lbs, 8 oz (60th%tile)
Length: 24 1/4 inches (25th%tile)- woo hoo!! Finally some growth in length!
Weight/length: 88th%tile

Y'all...my 6 pound baby has turned into a chunky monkey. Seriously. The rubber band wrists and thigh rolls are possibly the cutest things I've ever seen.

It amazes me how quickly this baby is growing up and changing in front of our eyes daily. Probably the most significant change has been that he is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Hallelujah! I never thought this day would come, but we are in week 3 of sleeping through the night. I am a new woman! We have also tweaked our schedule a little, and I've even been able to bump our bedtime up. He was getting SO tired, and having such a hard time staying up until 9, so I thought it was finally time to let Little Man go to bed earlier. So for those of you that care (all 2 of you), here is his currently schedule:

Eats every three hours, 7-10-1-4-7:30. He goes to sleep around 7:45-8, and will sleep until 5:30 or 6:30- our wake up time still varies a little. If he wakes up early (around 5:30), I'll go ahead and let him eat, and then feed him again at 7 to kind of "reset" our schedule so we stay on track. If he doesn't wake up until 6:30, I just push the next feeding back as close to 10:00 as I can get it.

His naps are still kind of all over the place, but he usually takes about three naps a day, a good nap (anywhere from 1-2 hours) in the morning, and shorter naps in the afternoon. Sometimes he'll take another cat nap on the way home from work (and on the way TO work, for that matter). But there are other days that he'll take two BIG naps- one in the morning, and one in the afternoon, and still sleep great that night.


Also this month, he has started to play with {and eat} his toys. He has a toy bar on his car seat that his is slightly obsessed with, and it has been a lifesaver.


He has also been eating hands more frequently, and even sucking his thumb sometimes. And it has nothing to do with him being hungry- sometimes those hands go in his mouth immediately after eating.


He is still quite the talker, and has loves to tell stories and laugh at himself. I'm pretty sure his laughter is the sweetest sound I've ever heard in my life, and I love, love, love to hear him get tickled at something.



 He'll probably kill me one day for this, but we've also had several of these notes sent home with us lately:
 
 Oh, Mr. Will. It is true. The ladies that keep you don't lie. I swear I'm going to start taking this boy to daycare in his pajamas, and then when he messes those up, they can change him into a cute outfit. Every morning starts out the same- dressed cute, and then by the time I come to feed him at 10 (or sometimes even when I get him out of his carseat first thing in the morning), his outfit has been ruined, and he's in the back up onesie. And yes, we've even gone up a size in diapers. He finally started wearing size twos this week!

As far as clothes are concerned, his still wearing 3 months. I have noticed that a couple of pairs of his 3 month pj's might be getting a little too short, but 6 months are still WAY too big.

He still goes to work with me every day, and has two more weeks until he starts his "real" daycare. I can't believe I've already been back to work for 6 weeks now! We have had the BEST experience with my work daycare, and I wish, oh how I wish, that it would turn into a full time daycare. The ladies over there are wonderful, and so very sweet. Not to mention, I get to see my sweet boy three times during my work day to feed him! He also loves it over there, and still loves playing with his sweet friend Fraser.

We've also completed an "infant massage" class with our friend Kelly and her baby, Jones. One of our friends who is a physical therapist is getting certified in infant massage, so she needs to teach so many families how to do it, so she can get her practice hours in. The boys loved it! Well, most of it anyway. Until they got hungry. Typical boys.
Will is 11 days older than Jones, but Jones is slightly longer, and his belly is a little less...how should I say this...rotund? No offense, Will. Some ladies like the shorter, chunkier boys. It's ok. Mommy still thinks you're adorable.

We also got a chance for all three of our work babies to finally see each other outside of work hours last week! All three babies were born within 11 days of each other (Fraser, then Will, then Jones).
 
While we're on the subject of friends, Will and his other girlfriend Mary-Miller, wore their matching personalized onesies on the same day a few weeks ago. We think they're a match made in heaven, and they can't wait until their next play date!
If you know me, you know that piano has been a huge part of my life. Well, it's no different with Mr. Will. It's never too early to start, right? We need to work on our technique and hand positioning, but we're getting there. Straighten up that back, Mr. Will. And let's hear those scales and chords one more time!

With each passing day, this little guy does something else that is the cutest thing I've ever seen, and we just can't put into words how in love we are with him. But, can we please just slow the time down a little? Geeze, he'll practically be gradating high school tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE the pictures!! Especially the one of him smiling, then serious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sarah he is just adorable! I especially love his notes from home and we can totally relate! It's quite shocking how so much can come out of something so tiny! I love seeing him grow! I am still determined to get all of these baby boys together one day! By the way, you look fabulous! Love you!

    ReplyDelete