Hunter surprised me yet again this year with an amazing gift. He gave me another band to go with my wedding rings! I was beyond shocked, and I felt like he was proposing to me all over again!
Friday after work, Will and I took off to Kentucky for the weekend. Hunter had to work all weekend (boo), so my little road warrior and I headed up for our third trip by ourselves. Once again, he was perfect!
For the first time in my life that I can remember, it was actually kind of cool on my birthday. I had full intentions of spending the day at the pool on Saturday, but it was a little to chilly for pool weather. However, I did end up taking an unintentional dip. Aunt of the year (and I mean that as sarcastic as possible) was playing with Tucker around the pool Saturday evening, and taking pictures of him just playing.
He started playing with a bug net and dropped it in the water. It was out of his reach, so he started saying, "I get it! I get it!" I told him that I would get it for him, but I learned very quickly that 2 1/2 year old boys can tend to do things their way, rather than listening to adults (ahem...note to self in a couple of years). So, Mr. Tucker- fully clothed- jumped in the pool to get his net. Thankfully, he was in the shallow end, thankfully he has been taking swimming lessons and knows how to tread water enough to keep his face above water, and thankfully he did this while I was standing out there with him. So I- fully clothed- jumped in after him. Sweet Tucker never even got upset, he was just a little shell shocked. I, however, thought my heart was going to race out of my chest for the next couple of hours. I can still see his little face barely sticking up out of the water, and I'm so thankful that if he was going to do something like that, someone was standing right by him. And although this is totally not important in the grand scheme of things, but when we got out, I realized that somehow my camera was safe and sound (and dry) several feet away from the pool.
So after our unexpected dip, and a change of clothes, we had a wonderful birthday dinner- grilled salmon, broccoli, and sweet potatoes- all of my favorite things! And of course more pictures followed (this time, a little further away from the pool).
He definitely loves his Ree Ree, and had lots of big stories to tell her.
And then he decided he would just go ahead and pass out on her while he was at it.
On Sunday, we went to church, and then had one more attempt at pictures with our boys together.
Which is really difficult with a toddler and an infant. Like pretty much impossible.
I had a wonderful birthday weekend, and was so thankful to be able to spend it with my sweet family and our precious babies. Now if my husband would have been able to make the trip, it would have been perfect! Overall, my 28th year was pretty awesome. I can't even begin to list all of the blessings I've had this year, but to top the list, I had a super easy pregnancy, and we welcomed our precious baby into the world. Oh, and Alabama also brought home their 14th National Championship. Let's not forget that. Twenty-nine has a lot to live up to!









I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you holding little Will, third from the bottom. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThose are great pics, Sarah!! I love Will's little smile in that pic of you guys together. The same "pool incident" happened with me and my nephew a few years ago except we were in the deep end and he didn't know how to swim. I freaked out, jumped in, busted my leg open and was traumatized forever...he acted as if nothing happened. Boys!
ReplyDeleteGreat picutres and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ReplyDelete