Apr 23, 2012

Harrison is 1!

I can't believe how quickly the past year has flown by. It seems like it was literally yesterday that we were welcoming little Harrison into the world, and he is now a talking, flirting, crawling machine. We were lucky enough to be invited to his first birthday this past weekend, making it Will's first birthday party to be invited to!

As we were getting ready to leave, Will was in an especially smiley mood, so I tried to snap a quick picture of the two of us to send to Hunter. Sweet little man couldn't take his eyes off of his momma. Melt my heart.

On to the birthday boy, sweet little Harrison had already found his favorite toys of the day by the time we got there...two paper plates. Of course he had a pile of unopened gifts that friends and family had brought to him, but he was 100% content with those little plates. Mental note...don't buy "real" toys for Will's first birthday. Common object around the house will suit him just as well. Seriously. Little man held onto those plates for the entire party.

 H is a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so naturally, his crafty momma went with a Mickey Mouse themed party.




We eventually made it outside for the best part of any one-year-old's birthday bash- the cake eating. After a little encouragement from his momma, Harrison finally realized how awesome that cupcake was that was sitting right in front of him. Notice: he's still hanging onto those awesome plates.






This might be one of my favorite pictures from the day, the paparazzi trying not to miss a single moment of this momentous occasion.

Such a beautiful little family.


I've mentioned this before, but Christina and I were college roommates, along with Jessica and Mary Kathryn, during our sophomore year in college. We were all in attendance, with the newest additions of our families. Two boys and two girls...we predict lots of date parties and football game dates among this crew in about 20 years!
In order of age, from left to right, Harrison (1), Layton (3 1/2 months), Will (2 1/2 months), and Mary Miller (2 months).

Mary Kathryn and I shared the same due date (as well as thousands of texts/emails/questions/laughs over the past ~10 months), and our little ones ended up being 9 days apart from each other. Since we live about an hour from each other, this was the first time that we had actually gotten our babies together!


We had such a fun day celebrating the first year of little Harrison's life, and it's always so good for the soul to see friends that you don't get to see nearly often enough.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pictures. Your hair looks gorgeous (I love it long!), and I love the one of you and your roommates w/your babies! Amazing. My best friend from Israel and I were born one month apart and the two of us LOVE looking at baby pictures of us.

    ReplyDelete