We went home because my brother and his family came HOME for the first time since being stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington in the fall. That is literally the longest time I've ever gone without seeing my niece and nephews, and it was SO good to see them, Buddy, and Carol! I swear each of those kids grew an entire foot since September!
This was the first time that they got to see Will, and I think they were equally excited to meet him!
Tucker had met Will before this visit, but it had been about a month since he had seen him. But he was just as excited to see his "Baby Eell!"
Tucker was also excited to see his best bud, Jonathan. They are about a month apart in age, and you would've never guessed that they had been away from each other for 7 months!
While the big kids got to swim for a few minutes, the little guys watched from the side. We never imagined that it would actually be warm enough to swim in April in Kentucky, but weather in the 80s for a week made it a little hard to turn down their requests to go swimming.
Will also got plenty of love from his great-Grandaddy. They got into their own little routine every morning. While I showered and got ready for the day, Grandaddy would give Will a bottle and get him settled in for his morning nap. It warmed my soul beyond belief.
And what's a trip to Kentucky without a photo shoot with my favorite kiddos?
I'm so thankful that I was able to spend a week of my maternity leave at home with my family, and I'll be counting down the days until they are back in Kentucky! We miss them so much!













Oh My Goodness how those beautiful children have grown. I am so glad you were able to make it home to spend some quality time with your family. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to see the family, and that baby Will is such a good traveller! YAY!
ReplyDelete