Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a banana, or about 6.5 inches long (top of her head to her little booty), or about 10 inches stretched out head to heel. Sources say the average weight at this point is 10.5 ounces, but little one was estimated to be about 12 ounces at her ultrasound on Thursday. I took a look back at Will's 20 week report, and they estimated him to be 12 ounces at this point as well! She is supposed to be working on swallowing this week, and that was evident, as she had the hiccups during her ultrasound. You could see her little abdomen jumping up an down! We could also see her stomach, and the ultrasound tech said that was a sign that she was in fact swallowing like she should be.
Maternity Clothes: Duh.
Stretch Marks: Nope.
Gender: Still a baby girl! I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about finding out as early as we did (14 weeks, 6 days), because I was worried about them seeing evidence of a little boy at the 20 week ultrasound. But she is certainly still a little girl, and had no problem showing us!
Movement: This child has been a wild woman lately. Every time we've had an ultrasound since about 10 weeks (and I think I've had 5 including that one), every single person that has done the ultrasound has commented numerous times about how active she is. During the anatomy scan, she was head down at the beginning of the ultrasound, and by the end had completely flipped around. And Hunter has finally gotten to feel her kick this week! I've also seen a few little movements through my tummy this week.
Sleep: Pretty good this week, thankfully!
What I miss: Nothing this week!
Cravings: I think I've officially moved into the cravings point. During my last pregnancy, all I wanted was fruit. Like ALL the time. (Which sometimes now I wonder if that is why that's all my child wants to eat too, like every single day of his life?!) This past week, I had a salad with dinner when we were eating away from home, and one of the dressing choices was Thousand Island. Now, I've never disliked Thousand Island, but it certainly has never been my first choice. Well, I realized at that meal that it actually sounded delicious. And I've been hooked since then, eating a salad nearly every night with Thousand Island dressing. I seriously had one at 10:15 the other night because I was starving, and that's all I wanted. Crazy. Earlier in the pregnancy, I was living off hummus and carrot sticks. Maybe this child will be my vegetable eater? And prefer more savory things than her brother? Let's hope so!
Symptoms: A few nose bleeds and gum bleeds this week. That is also a recurring symptom from my previous pregnancy.
Best Moment this week: Seeing that precious baby move all over the place this week, and getting the peace of mind that she is growing and developing exactly as she should be! Praise God!










YAY! Half way there! Praise the Lord for healthy babies!
ReplyDelete