Sep 28, 2013

Pregnancy 2- Week 13



Size of baby: According to one source, Baby Numero Dos is the size of a peach, and about 2.9 inches.

Maternity Clothes: Who are we kidding? When I already knew how amazing maternity clothes were, why hold back right? That's what I said anyway. Not to mention my pants don't button. And I look about a month ahead of where I did at 13 weeks with Will. Small details, right? I showed early with Will, and this time around I swear I started showing as soon as I found out. I barely made it to the twelfth week to tell at work, because I knew that in certain clothes I was already starting to look pregnant. There was definitely no way I could have made it any further than that without sharing our secret.
Gender: Hunter has (yet again) called the baby a girl from the beginning this time. He swore Will was a girl, but he says this time he knows she's a girl. If I had to guess right now, I would actually say girl also. But sometimes I just wonder if Hunter isn't clouding my judgement with his confidence in pink!
Movement: I swear I felt some movement really early on, but I think maybe it was just my tummy muscles twitching and stretching out or something. It definitely isn't a regular occurrence, and I know that it is pretty early to feel the baby actually move. 
Sleep: On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rank my sleeping like a 7. Not terrible, but definitely not sleeping as well as I did the first time around. I have no trouble going to sleep, I just feel like I'm tossing and turning all night most nights.

What I miss: A glass of wine after a long day!
Cravings: I know this is boring, but nothing. Seriously. Sometimes certain foods sound better than others, but I wouldn't really classify anything as a craving yet.

Symptoms: This pregnancy has already proven to be different from my first. And I know that no two pregnancies are ever the same, but I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy with Will. This time around I just haven't felt as well, and I did get sick once. I know to a lot of mommas out there, that isn't a single thing to complain about, and for that I am thankful. But I will just say that it has been different. I'm MUCH more exhausted (might have a little something to do with having an 18-19 month old to chase around during my first trimester). And I've also been extremely emotional. Like kind of a basketcase on some days, I'm not gonna lie.
Best Moment this week: Having a fun dinner with my long lost friend, Shalese!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed dinner with you, Hunter, and Will. It was great to see you in person vs. our long text conversations. Hopefully we won't go another 2 years before we see each other again!

    ReplyDelete