May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

If you would have told me a year ago that I would be celebrating Mother's Day with a three month old in my arms this year, I would have called you crazy to your face. It was almost a year ago exactly that we started talking about starting a family, and we were so tremendously blessed (and surprised!) that it happened so quickly.

I had  a wonderful first Mother's Day weekend, and couldn't have imagined a better weekend. My sweet mom drove down from Kentucky, and Hunter insisted that we go shopping and he would keep Will. It was so nice to be able to spend some one on one time with my mom- something that we rarely ever get to do.

Sunday morning I woke up to this happy boy before we went to church as a family.

That afternoon, we celebrated Mother's Day with most all of the important women in our families- my mom, Hunter's mom, his sister, and grandmother.



Will with both of his sweet grandmothers, and his great-grandmother.

Not only did my sweet husband have daddy daycare on Saturday, he also paid for me to have the house professionally cleaned...a HUGE help when you are a working mom! And the other little man in my life sent me these flowers with this sweet note attached:
Now that I am a mom, Mother's Day (obviously) has a new meaning. I've always known that my mom loves me- a lot, but I never understood the depth of her love until I was holding my own baby in my arms. It amazes me that someone could love ME as much as I love this little guy. What a precious miracle of life this sweet baby is to me, and what an awesome God we have to give us such joy and meaning in life! So thankful to be celebrating Mother's Day this year, and every day for the rest of my life! And I'm so thankful for the wonderful mothers that raised us. They are so precious to us, and we are so blessed to have them!

1 comment:

  1. That is precious!!! I know you will always remember your first Mother's day just as I will! We are some lucky girls to have such sweet boys in our lives!

    ReplyDelete