I just read over Will's 2 month post, and my how things have changed. We finally got in a good routine, and it has completely changed our lives! It is so nice to be able to predict how our day is going to look, and to know about when he'll eat- give or take a few minutes here and there, of course.
About two (maybe three?) weeks ago, I decided to purchase the online seminar for Moms on Call. There are lots of great books out there are getting your child into a routine, but let's be honest...I barely have time to read and respond to emails right now, much less read a book. So the thought of an online course that I could review at anytime sounded really appealing to me, and I had heard lots of great things about the Moms on Call concept. I watched the one for 0-3 months but since he wasn't technically a newborn anymore, some of the things didn't apply. However, a lot of things they had to say were great, and it helped tremendously to hear what they had to say about getting them in a routine and on a schedule. So this is what we are doing now:
Will eats every three hours during the day- usually starting around 6:00 am (then 9, 12, 3, 6). He naps between most feedings, except during the evening, unless we are on the go and he'll usually take a cat nap in his car seat.
He takes his bath around 8:30 (which he still loves, thankfully), and then his last feeding is at 9. Moms on Call suggest that you let daddy give them a bottle for their 9:00 feeding as part of their routine, and we started out doing that, but then it just got to be a lot of work. We would do bathtime, then I would have to pump, fix a bottle, and Hunter would feed him while I washed the parts and pieces to the pump. It was just too much that late in the evening. So we've kind of dropped that, and I just nurse him at his last feeding of the day. I feel like he is much more relaxed if he is nursing anyway, and usually drifts off to sleep. It's not like that was his only "daddy time" of the day- Hunter always helps with his bath, and they always play together when he gets home from work. It's also daddy's job to get Will changed and dressed for the day in the mornings while I eat my breakfast.
For night time, he still isn't quite sleeping through the night, but I feel like it's just around the corner! For the past several weeks (right when we started this new routine), he would wake up at 2:30, and then again at 5:30-6. But this weekend he made it until 4! So he's sleeping from about 9 pm until 4 am...7 hours! HUGE improvement! And honestly, I think the improved sleep at night as a lot to do with him going to his transitional care center right now. He plays so hard in the day, and has so many more toys and friends to look at, that he's just exhausted. He even fell asleep during his bath the other day!
We don't go to the pediatrician this month, but I took advantage of working at a hospital, and taking him to work with me every day, and actually weighed him at work one day last week! He weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds and 2 ounces. I didn't measure him, but I'm pretty sure he has grown in length as well. For the first time this week, I've had to start putting away some of his clothes that he's outgrown! So sad.
Speaking of clothes, he's pretty much into a solid 3 month now. Some 0-3 months still fit, but some are too short in the length. Some 3-6 months fit him ok, but some are still WAY too long. So, the gowns still work best for him now, unless it is a onesie or a bubble that doesn't have legs in it. He's also still in a size 1 diaper, and has been since he was 5 weeks. Some brands seem to be a little smaller (Luvs and Huggies), but he mainly wears Pampers Swaddlers, and they still fit him pretty well.
He still doesn't have much hair, but what he does have is blonde peach fuzz...although between his daddy and I, that's not a big surprise. I thought there was a chance that we could possibly have a little red head, but it still looks pretty blonde right now. And those eyes...
Oh those eyes. They look more and more blue every day. And continue to melt my heart daily as well. I guess I've always had a thing for blonde hair and blue eyes!
Over the last month, his social calendar has stayed busy. The weekend of Harrison's birthday party, our friends Melissa and Rhyan came into town, and they finally got to meet Mr. Will.
I think they look pretty natural at this baby thing. :)
He also got to spend a weekend with his "Aunt" Brittanie and her sweet family in Huntsville.
And before I had to go back to work, he had several play dates with friends a little closer to his age. We went to the zoo with my college roomie/pledge sister Bethany, her husband, and their two little ones- Madilyn and Linley. As you can tell, the two little ones were beside themselves with excitement.
We also got to meet baby Jack, who belongs to my friend Nora, who I used to work with. We also graduated from college together. Again, the boys were super thrilled.
And we also spent some time with baby Jones, who belongs to my friend Kelly that I work with. He's 11 days younger than Will.
And now that we are back at work, Will gets to play with one of his little girlfriends every day, Fraser. She belongs to my friend Ali that I work with, and she is 11 days older than Will.
We also squeezed in as many lunch dates with daddy as we could. My lunch break is only 30 minutes, and right now is being spent feeding Will, so week day lunch dates with Hunter are typically few and far between when I am working.
I think Will might be quite the talker. He loves to smile and coo and talk to you, especially to his mommy when he's supposed to be eating. It is quite possibly the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He's not that great of an eater during the day while I'm at work, because he spends half the time talking to his mommy! Even the ladies that keep him have said that he loves for his mommy to come hold him, because he just smiles the biggest smile when he sees me walk in the room. And if you know Hunter, you know that he is most definitely the talker in our marriage, so I'm thinking he might have his daddy's personality.
He thinks his daddy is the funniest person in the world, and Hunter can almost always get a smile out of him, and even a few giggles. But he also loves to smile at anyone who will talk to him, especially girls. He can be quite the little flirt!











Love this! And what a beautiful set of pictures. Will is gorgeous, just like his parents!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I love all of the Will info! I feel like I've known that little guy all of his life. We are hoping to come to BHam soon. Maybe our 2 little guys can actually meet.
ReplyDelete