Mar 27, 2011

Annnnddd... we're back!

I took a few months off from my sewing projects that started out as a "Christmas break," and turned into a "undetermined-length-break-because-we-are-packing-up-our-lives-and-moving-to-a-different-state" before I even realized what was happening. But now that we are slowly but surely getting settled into our new home, I have found a few minutes here and there to start up again. I turned my Etsy site back "on" this week, and I have been slammed since- which is always a good thing!


 I was very blessed to grow up in a family with two generations of home economics teachers- my mother and my precious Nannie, and I am so thankful for the time they spent with Marissa and I as children, being very diligent in teaching us the basics of sewing and cooking, and having the much needed patience that is required to teach children how to do these tedious tasks.

I've always enjoyed those times spent with my Nannie and mother, but it took me a while to get back into it- it's been a little over a year ago now. But I so enjoy creating special gifts for loved ones, and now even for strangers with the wonderful world of Etsy!

Here is a little glimpse into some of my creations over the past week- this is just a portion of what I've finished. Some have not yet been monogrammed, and others had already been shipped when I snapped this photo.



This may be one of my all-time favorites. Baby Ellington is being born into a very sweet family, of which both her Mom and Dad love playing golf. This was originally designed to be a "boy" graphic, but nothing a little pink and green couldn't make somewhat girly. I thought it turned out really cute!

Needless to say, I've been BUSY! I think I made a total of 19 burp cloths this week, two sets of bloomers, two pacifier clips, and I have since put together two bibs and a blanket, and I have two jon-jons on the to-do list. Whew! I'm gonna need a massage...soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah you are so talented! I am sure I will be making a big order when we have a baby! I hope you are doing well! We miss seeing you! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm....sooooo cute!!!!! can you make a little a-line dress with the girly golf bag on it? I know a little redhead that would look SUPER cute in one and a daddy who would eat it up :) Seriously, let me know. You've done such a good job. I love all of the fabric choices you've used. You have such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ready to start a business....im ready to work! :)

    ReplyDelete