Feb 28, 2011

I heart Publix.

After several conversations, tips, and coaching sessions with my dear friends Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Searson, I finally tacked the wonderful world of couponing. I will admit, I was definitely intimidated and slightly overwhelmed at first, but it's really much easier than I thought it would be. I was advised to "start small," so that's how I approached my first couponing trip this weekend.

I went to www.iheartpublix.com, where you can view the sale paper for the week, find coupons online to match the current sale items, and even make your shopping list. They also tell you which week some of the coupons were in the Sunday paper (which is my next step in the process- to start clipping coupons from the Sunday paper). Side note: I waited until late Sunday afternoon to purchase my Sunday paper at the local dollar store (since they are only $1), and apparently they are a hot commodity there. The clerk told me that they always sell out of their papers within 15 minutes of opening on Sunday mornings. So, note to self, I will purchase my Sunday paper on the way TO church from now on! Lucky for me, Publix still had a few copies left, but they are $2 there.

So, since I was "starting small," I mainly focused on the BOGO items, and honestly only went in with maybe 5 coupons that I had printed from the computer.



Not too shabby for my first attempt, if I must say so myself! I spent $33.02 and saved $40.70, which means I purchased $73.72 worth of groceries for only $33. Impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment