Feb 23, 2011

Getting Settled

Besides making huges messes in the kitchen, a lot has happened in the last two weeks, including moving into our new home! We started out with a new paint job:
Before

After
We watched one last snow storm roll in (hopefully)!



We've unloaded lots and lots and LOTS of these.

I learned how to fix the dryer, all by myself. Well, it didn't really need fixing, I guess. But it had a 3 prong plug on it, and our outlet was 4 prong. So I took this task on all by myself (since the hubby was busy at work), even though he blatantly said to me, "I'm not sure that I feel comfortable with you doing this." Not that I could blame him, but I was very proud of myself after I accomplished the project!



 After three trips to Lowes, I finally got it figured out. And then the dryer wouldn't fit in the laundry room. I wasn't frustrated. Not at all. Not in the least bit. Ha!
 But once my hubby finally got home that evening, he was able to help me move things around a little bit, and I was finally able to do our first load of laundry. Exciting times in the Shepherd house, people.

I've also had the opportunity to keep this little cutie a few times.




 


We've had a few outings in the park with Sagey.






And I started back to work!

When Hunter saw this for the first time, he laughed. Not the reaction I would have hoped for, but whatever. He said in his best southern girl voice (think: those terrible Sticks 'N Stuff commercials with Tina Gordan as the lead actress? Or maybe the "I'm a pothole" commercial?),
Hi! I'm Sarah, and I'm here for the pageant
So maybe my lipstick looks a little bright in the picture, and I agree my hair is a little large. Now that I think about it, it does bring me back to the glory days of Miss Peanut. But whatever.

So that about sums up the last two weeks for the Shepherds, pageant hair and all.  


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Love it Mrs. Fix-It! Of course you could fix an electrical prong problem by yourself!!! When do Sage and Cooper get to hang out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm VERY impressed with your Mrs. Handyman capabilities. I wouldn't have even TRIED but you TRIED and succeeded...very impressive. Glad you guys are getting settled! I'm sure you're relieved to be moving in that direction now and not in homelessness limbo :) Happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint color...huge improvement! I am super impressed with your new skills. No amount of trips to Lowes could have helped me do that! Can't wait to come see the new place!

    ReplyDelete