Needless to say, we have learned A LOT about each other and ourselves over the past year.
10. Hunter is consistently very helpful, even when it comes to cleaning and cooking. For this, I am extremely grateful. However, he is better at certain things than he is others. Like laundry for example. He's great at washing and drying towels and sheets. All other items should be left for me to take care of. I appreciate his willingness to help, especially on the days when I come home and he has "surprised" me by doing laundry- including drying all of my pants, shirts, undergarments and swimsuits. If you've ever lived with me, you know that about the only things I dry (other than towels and sheets) are t-shirts and socks. And that's about it. Hunter didn't get that memo at the beginning. God love him.
9. If Hunter loves our future children as much as he loves Sage, we're golden.
8. He gets toothpaste on the sink. Daily. And it bothers me. More than it should. I will be the first to admit this. I will also be the first to admit that if this is the worst thing that he does, life is pretty good.
7. It's slightly more difficult to stay in tip-top shape once you are married. Maybe because of this, this and this.
6. I'm very thankful that we are both Bama fans. If we had been a "mixed marriage" during the first year of our marriage, especially the year that Alabama wins the National Championship AND wins a Heisman, I could definitely see some potential problems. Because we were both intelligent enough to go to The University, we were able to bask in the glory of an incredible football season together
5. Keeping a clean house is hard work! I do not understand how a house can get messy so quick, when there are two grown adults living there. No children (except for the four legged, crazy, outside kind). Just a husband and wife. I don't understand how you mommies out there keep a clean house with multiple children, especially if you work full time. For some reason, this is mind boggling to me.
4. Grown up bills are no fun to pay. Before I got married, the most expensive bill I had to pay was rent for an apartment. I've never had a car payment, never had to pay taxes (other than what was taken automatically from my paycheck), never had to pay for doggy daycare, etc. Imagine my disbelief when I saw how much the monthly mortgage payment was. Goodness gracious. I'm pretty sure I had a
3. There is a ridiculous amount of reality TV out there. Since I've been married to Hunter, I've found myself watching anything and everything with him, including (but not limited to) Intervention, Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of Orange County, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Hell's Kitchen, The First 48, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Kitchen Nightmares, Celebrity Apprentice. If it has anything to do with
2. Although we definitely want to have children, we've got enough children in our family to keep us busy for a while! We now have a total of 3 nieces and 5 nephews- 3 of which are 7 months and under. We love them dearly, and cannot get enough of their sweet lovin'. But it's also nice to enjoy our freedom with each other during the first few years of marriage.
1. I had no idea that I could love someone as much as I love Hunter. Nor did I know that someone could love me as much as Hunter does. Marriage is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me, and God's love and devotion to us never ceases to amaze me. He is a faithful and loving God, and I am daily in awe of the blessings of marriage and all that comes along with it. Hunter is my very best friend, and it's pretty awesome to be able to share your life, the good and the bad, with someone that you know will be there forever and ever.

















Yay! Loved this post!
ReplyDelete