Aug 8, 2010

TLO's Wedding

Last weekend kicked off our celebration of one year of being Mr. and Mrs., and we were able to celebrate another marriage of two of our dear friends- Tara and Sam. Tara is originally from Florence, Alabama, which is where the weekend festivities were held. The rehearsal dinner was held at Turtle Point Country Club, which overlooks the Tennessee River and is absolutely gorgeous. The food was wonderful, the toasts were entertaining, and of course the slide show provoked a few giggles and also a few “oh-my-gosh-I’m-so-happy-for-the-sweet-couple” tears. Unfortunately, my sweet hubby was unable to attend the rehearsal dinner, so Danielle and I were “dates.” Some things never change. :)

Is it weird that it still makes me giddy to see our names together??


The wedding party and guests stayed at The Shoals Marriott for the weekend. It was super nice, had a gigantic pool, which is where most of us girls spent the day soaking up the sun, talking, laughing, and doing lots of catching up.


Moving on the main event- the ceremony. This was held at Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and was probably one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever been too. Definitely the hottest, but still absolutely stunning. They held the ceremony out on the veranda, overlooking the water and It.Was.Beautiful. Hot. And beautiful. Over 100 degrees during the ceremony time, but totally worth the gallons few trickles of sweat running down my back and every other orifice of my body. Tara looked amazing, and I’m pretty sure I was just as obsessed with her dress as she was.



Best. Idea. Ever. Like seriously. Ever. Designed by my dear friend Danielle Downing, might I add.








Yay for Melissa! She got engaged two weeks ago, and we couldn't be happier for her. Unfortunately her fiance Rhyan has orders to be deployed in September, and will be gone for a year. So they won't be tying the knot for a while. We will definitely be keeping the newly engaged couple in our prayers. This certainly hits close to home for us!

The happy/silly couple:





Congratulations Tara and Sam! We wish you many, many years of all the happiness that marriage has to offer!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I'm obsessed with your dress! You look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete