Jul 7, 2011

Fourth of July

It's hard to believe that only a year ago, we were so sad that my brother was not able to celebrate the Fourth with us. But thankfully, he is safe at home and we were able to spend lots of time with him and his family this year.

This past weekend was a much needed lazy weekend, and the majority of our time was spent pool-side or at the dinner table with family...which pretty much summarizes my idea of a perfect weekend. My sweet little Israel was sick with food poisoning at the beginning of the weekend, so Hunter and I got to spend some one-on-one with Sarah-Grace, while big brother recovered by sleeping all day Saturday. I felt so sorry for him, he just looked so pitiful. But, I did enjoy the time that Sarah-Grace and I had together.


 Suddenly, little priss pot has gotten obsessed with frogs? I have no idea where this came from, but she found two frogs this weekend and LOVED them!


Sunday after church, we headed over to Aurora, Kentucky to a little jewel called Belew's Dairy Bar. I'm not a big hamburger person, and I never have been, but even I can't turn down their yumminess. Sarah-Grace and I shared a cheeseburger, and Hunter finished one on his own. And of course we had to finish it off with their famous milkshakes, Sarah-Grace chose chocolate, Hunter picked strawberry, and I shared both!




That afternoon we spent even more time in the pool and grilled out. In case you are counting, this is two hamburgers in one day for me. However, I really did have only half of Sarah-Grace's, and half of a turkey burger at dinner. I feel like the dietitian in me needs to explain justify these choices!






After another yummy meal, we shot some fireworks. This is always my brother's thing, and I think every year the stock pile of fireworks gets larger and better!







On Monday we had the BIG Fourth of July celebration at my Grandaddy's, which is tradition for our family. I'm not really sure what I was thinking (or not thinking?), but I didn't get any pictures! So unlike me! Rest assured, we had plenty of delicious BBQ, any side you could imagine, and a wide assortment of desserts, including homemade peach and vanilla ice cream, and most importantly, lots of family. We are so thankful to be able to spend so much time with our loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be able to say that I have my friend Lauren back next 4th of July. I know the time will pass quickly though! Love reading about you and your family!

    ReplyDelete