Jul 26, 2011

1138 Miles Later...

We are back home, exhausted, from a super fun weekend.

This past weekend, my mother invited Hunter and I to go with her to Cincinnati for a baseball game. Several weeks ago at a conference she won a door prize, which happened to be four box tickets to a Cincinnati Reds/ Atlanta Braves game. We typically make it to at least one Braves game a year, and now that we are no longer in Atlanta, we thought this was the perfect opportunity! Not to mention, it is rare that we get to spend time with my mom alone, because there is always so much going on when we go home.

So we started our journey on Friday afternoon once we got off work, and headed from Birmingham to Cadiz, Kentucky. Leg one of the trip: 284 miles, about 4 1/2 hours.

Saturday morning, we woke up to this precious face:



But then we had to head out that morning for the second half of our driving, Cadiz to Cincinnati, Ohio: 285 miles, another 4 1/2 hours.

Once we got there, we had just enough time for a quick cat nap (score!) before we headed to the ball game for some good old fashioned summer fun. Now we've been to several sporting events, and several major league baseball games since we've been dating, but we've never been to one like this! We had box seats, which meant unlimited food, drinks, and best of all- AIR CONDITIONING! It was pretty incredible. We also just happen to luck out with the biggest suite in the baseball park, which was pretty cool in itself. Now I don't know if we'll ever be able to sit in the "regular seats" again!


The game started out good for the first 4 innings or so...until the Braves decided to go to sleep during the game. But whatever. It was fun regardless!








The next morning, we headed back to Cadiz (285 miles, 4 1/2 hours), where we loaded up a few exciting items into a moving trailer to bring to Birmingham (the last 284 miles, 4 1/2 hours), including this:


My brother purchased this from our church for an incredible price when they moved to a new building. This just happened to be the first piano that I ever took lessons on, so it has a very special place in my heart. It is now sitting in our living room, and I am thrilled! I haven't had a piano since college days, and I am so excited to start playing again. I feel like I've be reunited with a long lost friend!

So 1138 miles and 18 hours in a car in one weekend, but totally worth the memories, and totally worth my piano!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great trip! That's also very cool that you got the piano that has so much meaning to you.

    Question about your blog set up - I am trying to add in tabs like how yours has: Home The Shepherds Little Cottontails Who are all these children?

    I am having a hard time doing it and linking up the pages. Let me know if you can help!

    ReplyDelete