This race is held every year by the UAB Residents, and this year (as well as the past few years) they have chosen the Children's Center for Weight Management as the beneficiary of the proceeds. Considering pediatric weight management is one of my focuses at my job, how could I turn this down?
Saturday morning was absolutely gorgeous, and the weather was perfect- not too hot, with a wonderful breeze to keep us cooled of.
I convinced my friend Danielle to do it with me, and here we are, so fresh and so clean, before the race began.
Go, D, Go!
And here we are after the race...not so fresh and so clean anymore, but with a 3.1 mile run under our belt. But we don't have belts on. Under our elastic waist band? Under our feet? Whatever. You get the point.









CONGRATS, Sarah!!! So proud of you guys. I'm working on RUNNING my first 5K now...its a slow process for me...you're an inspiration :)
ReplyDelete