Last week I was able to go home to see my family in Kentucky, the first time since Christmas. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but for me it is! I missed them so much, and I was so thankful to be able to spend a few days with them during their spring break.
My brother made the mistake of asking me to take a picture of the kids and send it to him- so that very quickly turned into over 600 in the two days that I was up there. It's not hard to do when you have such fun-loving nieces and nephews that never complain when Rah Rah pulls out the camera! I'm so thankful that they are so willing to have their picture made, and hopefully when the day comes, our children will be the same way.
So, without further delay, allow me to share just a
few of my favorites from last week.
 |
| Um...hello. When did this little guy grow up? He looks so much like a little boy now, and less like a baby! He turned a year old in March. |
 |
| We took Sarah-Grace to get her hair trimmed. Miss Diva never turns down an opportunity to sit in that chair at the salon. And p.s., she has lost her two front teeth since the last time I saw her. She lost both of them in the same day! |
 |
| Mrs. Tanya was sweet enough to curl Sarah-Grace's hair, which she LOVED, of course. |
 |
| Look at that head of hair! |
 |
So this is when the photo shoot started. Carol was on the phone with my brother when we came home, and he wanted to see a picture of Sarah-Grace's hair curly, so I picked up the camera and didn't set it down the rest of the day. |
 |
| Right before I took this picture, I was trying to get her to laugh, so I told her she smelled like baby Jonathan's poopy diaper. She didn't think that was funny. |
 |
| Then I apologized, and told her that I meant to say Israel smelled like baby Jonathan's poopy diaper. She DID think that was funny. |
 |
| This is their dog, Harley. This is the second dog they have inherited from another military family that was given an assignment overseas and couldn't take the dog with them. She's missing a leg, but that does not stop her from running around and acting like a crazy dog. She loves the children so much! |
 |
| Because you can't get a 7 year old boy to "model" as easy as you can a 6 year old princess, I tried another strategy. |
 |
| I got Israel to jump on the trampoline and told him to "show me your best moves." |
 |
| Apparently he has some pretty awesome ninja moves. |
 |
| I know, I was shocked too, Sarah-Grace. |
 |
| Then I told Sarah-Grace to "show me your moves," and I got a pose. So funny to watch the difference between little boys and little girls even at a young age! |
 |
| They LOVE their little brother. |
 |
| Future soccer player maybe? |
 |
| LOVE how much Israel loves his little brother. |
 |
| Next up for a photo session is Tucker...my goodness...how he has changed! I can't get over how fast he is growing up. |
 |
| He likes to look at the dog, or "oof-oof" as he calls her, but he is NOT crazy about her coming close to him. During this picture he was saying "oof-oof! oof-oof!," in an extrememly worried tone. |
 |
| Sweet boy. |
 |
| Love this background of Grandaddy's farm. |
 |
| Grandaddy even has a donkey. This guy is really annoying, and thinks he owns the place. |
 |
| Sarah-Grace has a new found love of horses, and she loves helping Aunt Sissy feed Blossom. |
 |
| Look at the big kids riding bareback! |
 |
| Haha...I would love to know what is going through Tucker's mind during this picture! |
 |
| I have a feeling this picture will resurface again in about 25 years when they are getting married! :) |
I'm so thankful that I was able to go up there, and I'm very,
very excited that the next time I go up there in a couple of weeks, my brother will be home (hopefully)! As much as he enjoyed looking at these pictures, I know that can't compare to how excited he will be to see his precious children and wife in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment