Jan 31, 2011

Rain, rain, go away!

Can we get a repeat of Saturday's weather please? And a refund on this yucky rain?
What a way to welcome us to Monday...dreary and rainy after the most beautiful weekend we've seen in a very, very long time. Saturday was spent looking at houses and running errands in Birmingham, and my sunroof stayed open all day. I was l-o-v-i-n this spring weather tease.

Amongst my errand running and house hunting, I did squeeze in some time for a much needed manicure. I definitely enjoy fun polish colors, but since we had a wedding that evening, I opted for a more boring natural look, and went with a classic OPI shade of "Bubble Bath." I'm always a fan of neutral shades, because they are so much more versatile and I feel like they last a little longer, because you don't notice the chipping as much. 

This is a similar color that I already had at home, and this brings me to another subject- my next-to-favorite line of nail polish, Sally Hansen Complete Salon. I feel like they've done a great job of keeping up with current colors, and I really do feel like the quality is comparable to the OPI line, but at a somewhat cheaper price. This is my go-to natural color when I'm doing my nails at home, "Shell We Dance."
p.s. Who comes up with these names, and why can't that be my job? What girl wouldn't love to play with nail polish all day and come up with creative, quirky descriptions?



For my toes, I chose Barefoot in Barcelona. You had me at Barefoot. Love it.

And again, my at-home cheaper comparison, Sally Henson's "Commander in Chic." This is a taupey color (with a little more hint of lavender than Barefoot in Barcelona), and dare I say that it is probably one of my all time favorites?
Hunter is finally staring to feel better after his week long illness of a combo pack of strep and bronchitis (Can you say miserable?), and looked so handsome in his tuxedo at the wedding Saturday night. Somehow I managed to not get a single picture of us, but I did capture this moment:

I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble for this, but I can't help it. That would be my 29 year old husband, standing by himself, waiting for the bride and groom to make their exit. And he is blowing bubbles. I think he had more fun with them than the children.
It's ok sweetie, you're never too old for bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment