Oct 18, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

What a wonderful weekend we had! I'm so thankful for the time that Hunter and I have to spend together, and this is one of my biggest prayers of thanksgiving. This is something that I try very hard to not take for granted, especially when I think of my brother and the other thousands and thousands of husbands and wives who have to be away from their families for an extended period of time. Saturday morning after we finished our run, we took Sage for a walk to Publix, and she and Hunter sat outside while I did some grocery shopping. It was just an absolutely perfect day, with perfect weather, fun times with the hubby, that ended with another win on the board for the Crimson Tide. I'm not saying that game was perfect, but a win is a win, right? 

Running sprints in an empty parking lot on Saturday morning? Why not? Totally normal.


 Running up gigantic hills. Ok, so maybe it's not gigantic. But it sure feels like it when you've been running for an hour.
 We can at least be thankful for the beautiful scenery around us this time of year. This is a small glimpse of the changing colors in our neighborhood.

We are slowly but steadily preparing for the 10K that is ahead of us in only a few short weeks. We probably haven't been running consistently like we should be, but we started two-a-days in bootcamp last week, so surely that is counting for something, right? I'm praying that it does. Two-a-days. As in workout at 5:30am, and then again at 6:30pm. Talk about some serious exhaustion.  I'm still kind of concerned about what I was thinking when I signed us up for this thing. The 5K a few weeks ago was great. Maybe, just maybe, we were being a little overzealous when we upped it to a 10K so soon. We will see! Until then, this is what I'm hanging onto for dear life:

“But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.”
-Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment